𝟱

a few weeks later- October 15th

Erin's pov:
Me and Jay had moved into my apartment now, I think Jay is getting a bit annoyed with me though. He doesn't talk to me that much lately. "Jay we need to go." I shouted. He came through to the door. We walked out to the car and climbed in. "Jay have I done something?" I asked. "No it's nothing." He said. "Jay you're lying tell me." "Ok fine you wanna know, you're so messy like seriously. There's mess everywhere, I can't cope." "Is this the only reason why you haven't been talking to me?" "Maybe yeah." He said smiling. "You make such a big deal about things." I said jokingly. "Ok it annoyed me and I didn't want to upset you, and I knew if we had a proper conversation it would've slipped out." He said looking at me. "You're so funny." I said laughing. "Shut up and drive!" He replied.

We arrived at the district and walked up the stairs and in through the door, hand in hand. We walked straight past Platt before she could make any comment and up the stairs to the bullpen. Everyone's desks were empty, "Jay am I hallucinating or is no one here?" "No, I can't see anyone either." We ran back down the stairs, "Sargent, where is everyone?" I asked. "Well I was going to tell you that no one was here before you ran off upstairs." "Skip to the point Platt." Jay said impatiently. "They went out to look for a suspect. They must've forgot to tell you." She replied. "Where did they go?" I asked. "I don't know." Platt said. "Ok well I guess we'll just have to wait in the bullpen for them." I said.

Jay's pov:
Erin sat down at her desk and just stared at the mountain of paperwork. Eventually, she put her head down and started to work. We sat for about an hour, there was still no sign of the rest of the team. "Erin I'm bored." I said. She looked up at me, "And what do you want me to do about that?" "I don't know, something." I said. "Lindsay there's someone here to see you." Platt pointed towards the man stood next to her. "Hi." The man said. "Hi, what's the matter?" Erin said. "Do you have somewhere private to talk?" He asked. "Yeah just in here." Erin pointed towards Voight's office.

Erin's pov:
"Erin Lindsay, we have a job offer for you in New York." "Thank you but I'm happy here in intelligence." "No it's more of a demand, you have to take it or this whole unit goes." "Why what have we done?" I asked. "Hank Voight's ways don't work anymore." "Oh ok, I'll take it." I said reluctantly. I didn't want to, I don't even know why I'm taking it. "Thank you, you start in 1 week. Your contact is for a year." The man said. We both exited Voight's office, Jay was sat at his desk waiting for me.
"What was that?" He asked. I didn't know what to say, I didn't want to tell him just yet. "Oh.. Nothing, I'm just going to go do something." I said, I needed to see or speak to Hank. I rang him.
*on the phone*
E: What have you done?
H: What?
E: I just had to accept a job in New York or the full Intelligence Unit goes.
H: I have people who want revenge.
E: They decided to come after me because I'm your 'daughter'.
H: Erin I have to go!
He hung up.

I went back into the bullpen, "What was all that?" Jay asked. "I'll tell you later." I said. Right now I just needed to clear my head. I went into the locker room and sat down. I thought about all that just happened and tried to process it.

Jay's pov:
After a while, the team came back. "Erin my office now!" Voight shouted. Erin got up and followed him into the office. We all sat patiently waiting for shouting.

Erin's pov:
"What?" I said. "About earlier, I knew someone was coming to offer you a job. I recommend you because I couldn't let this unit go. We are the best in the city. I love you but I need to keep this unit." Hank said. I could feel the tears already coming. "So you just decide to let me go? I'm your 'daughter'!" At this point, tears fell like there was no tomorrow. "I'm sorry Erin, I had to." Hank said. He pulled me into a hug. I shifted away and walked out his office and straight into the locker room. I grabbed my stuff and my made way out of the district. Just before I went down the stairs Jay stopped me. "Where are you going?" "Home I need to sort things out." "Wait I'm coming." He said. "No stay, come back when you're done." I said. "Erin you can't go on your own, you look awful. I need to be there to help you." "Fine, come."

"Sarge I'm going with Erin." Jay said. "Ok." Voight said. Everyone stared at me, I felt my cheeks going red. "Erin what's going on?" Adam asked. "Nothing." I embarrasily replied. Jay got his things and we left the district.

The ride home was silent, I let Jay drive. Well he insisted that he drove. We got back to the deserted apartment and I ran to the bedroom. I grabbed my laptop and started looking for apartments in New York. Jay came in and sat on the bed next to me. "What are you looking at apartments in New York for?" He asked curiously. I set my laptop aside and turned to face him. "I'll explain what happened earlier..."

Jay's pov:
Erin just told me what happened. "Erin I'm coming with you." I said. "You can't Jay. What about your job?" "I'll find another one in New York." I said determined to go with her. "No Jay stay here, then I've got something to look forward to when I come back." Erin said in tears. "I love you, don't forget that Erin Lindsay." "I love you too. Can you invite everyone over and I'll tell them?" She asked. "Sure I'll text them now."
Can you all come to our apartment? Erin has something to tell you.
"I've text them." I said. "Ok thank you." Erin laid down on the bed curled up.
I knelt by the bed facing her. "Look at me Erin, it'll be fine. We can FaceTime all the time. It's only for a year." She looked at me with big glassy eyes, the redness and puffiness noticeable. I heard the doorbell go. "Come on, the teams here." I pulled her up from the bed and took her hand. "Come in!" I shouted. The team entered, "Hi." Kim said. "Hi." Erin sniffled. Kevin, Antonio, Adam, Alvin, Hank and Kim all stood in our apartment. "We brought beer." Adam said holding a pack of beer up. "Go into the lounge." I said. They all filed into the living room leaving me and Erin in the hall. "It's ok, I'll do the talking if you want." I offered. "No it's ok, it's best if it comes from me." "Ok." I hugged her tight.

Erin's pov:
I followed Jay into the living room, where the team sat. I knew they could all tell I'd been crying. I sat down next to Jay and leant against him. "Lindsay what was is you wanted to tell us?" Antonio said. "Erm." I looked at Jay for support. "She's got a new job." Jay said squeezing my shoulder. "Congrats Lindsay." Adam said, he stood up and hugged me. I burst out in tears. "I can't sorry." I blurted out and ran into the bedroom. Jay followed me. "Hey it's ok, I know you're going to miss them." He hugged me close.

Jay's pov:
We walked back out to everyone, "Is she ok?" Voight asked me. "Yeah it's just hard." I responded. "Sorry about that, it's just my new job is in New York and I've got to leave all of you. I didn't want to take the job but I had no choice. I hope you all understand that. I'm going to miss you all so much." Erin blubbered. Kim got up and hugged her. Everyone took turns of hugging her. "When do you leave?" Kevin pondered. "In a week, Hank is it ok if me and Jay take the week off?" Erin asked. "Sure kiddo." He smiled. "Hey Burgess, how would you like to move up to intelligence?" Voight asked. We all looked at Kim, "Thank you for the offer Sargent but I'm going to stay on patrol." Kim said shyly. "Oh ok."

After a while, everyone had left leaving me and Erin alone again. "Go get a bath and I'll tidy up." I said. "Ok I love you." She planted a light kiss on my lips. "I love you too." I half shouted as she made her way to the bathroom. While Erin was in the bath, I tidied up the mess that was left. After an hour, the apartment was tidy and Erin had got out of the bath. I hopped in the shower, then walked back into the bedroom.  Erin was cuddled up in bed on her phone, "What you doing?" "Just scrolling through my phone." She said. I climbed into bed next to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. "I'm gonna miss you." She said. "I'm gonna miss you too." We rubbed noses and fell asleep in the comfort of each other.