𝟭𝟱

December 25th
Jay's pov:
It's CHRISTMAS!!!! Ahhh I'm so excited, it's mine and Erin's first Christmas together in real life. Last Christmas we spent it on FaceTime, with her in New York and me in Chicago. "Erin wake up it's Christmas!!" "What time is it?" She mumbled. "Seven in the morning." "Jay that's too early." "Aww please Erin." I begged. "Fine." She said. I jumped out of bed and went into the living room. I sat and waited for ages. "Erinnn!!!" "I'm coming but breakfast first." I groaned. "What, I'm hungry." "Hurry up!"

Erin's pov:
I finished breakfast and Jay was patiently waiting. "Come on then, let's open presents." I said. He punched the air. We opened a few, "You open yours from me." Jay said. He passed me a package. I tore off the wrapping paper and it revealed a big winter coat. On the hood was fur, it was navy blue. "Thank you Jay. This must of cost a fortune." "It's ok you're worth it." He smiled at me. "Mine didn't cost as much as yours." I handed him a little grey box, he took the lid off and pulled a piece of paper out. "Daddy, mommy has a special surprise for you." Jay read out. I'd pulled out my ultrasound picture and held it against my stomach. Jay looked up at me, "Wait you're pregnant?" Jay had a huge smile on his face. I nodded, a tear fell from my eye. He picked me up and hugged me tight. "We're going to be parents." Jay said. "Yeah." "How far along?" He asked. "Eight weeks, my due date is July twenty-first." "I love you so much." "I love you too Halstead."

Jay's pov:
It was a few hours later, me and Erin were just leaving to go to Voight's for dinner. It still hadn't fully sunk in I was going to be a dad.

"How exactly are we telling Hank?" I asked in the car. "I've bought a blanket with 'Baby Halstead' on it. It's in a little box." "That's cute. It still doesn't feel real, knowing there's a little child in your stomach." "Well it is real, seven months and you're a dad." Jay smiled at the thought of a little mini Erin or him running around.

We got out the car and walked to the front door of Hank's house. He opened the door, "Come in!" We stepped in and took our shoes off. I followed Erin into the living room, there was two sofas, an armchair and a fireplace. On the mantelpiece, there was photos of Voight and Camille, photos of Justin and a family picture; Erin's face lit up the photograph, her cute dimples being the cherry on top. Erin sat down and I sat next to her, Hank came in and sat opposite us in the armchair. "Dinner will be ready soon, so we'll save presents till last." He said. "Ok." Erin said.

Erin's pov:
We sat down on the sofas, I felt very full. "Present time!" Hank said coming in the room. "We'll go first." I said. I got the silver box out of the bag and handed it to Hank. He pulled off the lid to see the blanket. Hank had a look of confusion upon his face. "You're pregnant?" I smiled and nodded. "Come here." His arms were open, so I launched myself into them. "You as well Halstead." Jay came and joined us. "How far?" He asked. "Eight weeks, due date is July twenty-first." "I'm so happy for you." "Thank you." "You do know this means you're on desk duty." "Awh please can I just stay in the field? Just for a bit longer." I pleaded. I really didn't want to go on desk duty. "Nope we need to protect my grandchild." "Fine." I rolled my eyes. Jay and Hank laughed.

We finished up at Hank's and went home. "Right we are watching a Christmas film." Jay said. "I agree." I went into the bedroom and changed into my pyjamas, Jay followed me.

"Come here." I scooted over to Jay and cuddled up next to him. We watched our film and I felt my eyes close. The next thing I know Jay is carrying me into our bed. I felt him climb  in next to me. "I love you." He whispered. 'I love you too.' I thought.

I hope you've all had a good start to the new year xx