Chapter 14 - The End of The First Year

Y/Ns POV

I opened my eyes to wake up to the sound of birds chirping and voices everywhere. That's when I realized I was in a hospital bed.

As I slowly started to regain awareness, I noticed that there were lots presents and candy that were sitting next to me. To my right, I noticed that Harry was also in a hospital bed and was resting peacefully.

How many days have I been in here?

"Good afternoon, Y/N." A voice to my left startled me. It was Professor Dumbledore.

I stared at him for a few seconds until I realized.

"Professor! The Stone! It was Quirrell! He's got the stone! Professor we have to-"

"Calm yourself dear boy, you are a little behind the times," said the Professor. "Quirrell does not have the Stone."

"What! Then who does? Professor I-"

"Y/N, please calm yourself, or Madam Pomfrey will have me thrown out, I expect Harry will have a similar situation to his too and I'd rather not be removed twice." He said while smiling.

I calmed down and looked over to the presents and candy right next to me.

"Tokens from your friends and admirers," Dumbledore said. "What happened in the dungeons between you, Harry, and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows! I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you. Madam Pomfrey, however, felt it might not be very hygienic, and confiscated it."

"Sir, how long have I been here?" I asked.

"Three days. Mr. Ronald Weasley and Miss Granger will be most relieved you have come around. Miss Granger especially, they have been extremely worried, as for Harry, they'll be delighted, he should be ready to awake at any moment." He said while looking over to Harry.

"But Professor, the Stone—"

"I see you are not to be distracted. Very well. The Stone. Professor Quirrell did not manage to take it from you. I arrived in time to prevent that, although you were both doing well on your own, I must say."

Damn right we did.

"You got there? You received our owl?"

"We must have crossed in midair. No sooner had I reached London then it became clear to me that the place I should be was the one I had just left. I arrived just in time to pull Quirrell off of you and Harry." He said.

"Thank God for that, I wasn't sure if we would have been able to keep him off the Stone."

"You nearly didn't." He replied.

"Sir?"

"The effort nearly killed you both, but you both have suffered. For one terrible moment there, I was afraid I would have been too late. As for the Stone, it has been destroyed."

"Destroyed?" I said in disbelief. "But your friend—Nicholas Flamel"

"Oh you know about Nicholas?" Dumbledore said sounding quite ecstatic. "You did the thing properly, didn't you? Well, Nicholas and I have had a little chat, and agreed it's all for the best."

"But that means he and his wife will die, won't they?" I asked.

"They have enough elixir stored to set their affairs in order and then yes, they will die." He said. "To one as young as you, I'm sure it seems incredible, but to Nicholas and Perenelle, it really is like going to bed after a very, very, long day. After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. You know, the Stone was really not such a wonderful thing. As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all—the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worse for them."