Chapter 3 : You Again?

It's been almost a week since first I saw Chara. She hasn't shown up again in any of my dreams, though I do occasionally hear whispers like the one I heard at the front door. Today has been particularly bad; I could barely focus in class because they were so loud and constant. It was like there was some other lady teaching a class in the room - I think it was English.

...

I swear I'm not crazy.

When I finally get home, I'm completely mentaly and emotionally wiped. I flop on the couch and fall asleep almost immediately.

After a while, I wake up in my bed. Realizing that it must have been my dad who carried me up here, mentaly thank him.

Chara: "You again?"

*S H O O K*

I whip my head around to see Chara lean-sitting on the edge on my desk. Shocked to see her out of my dream, I try to stutter out a response.

Y/n: "W-Why are you i-in my room?!?"

I say this as quietly as possible, hoping no one else will hear.

Chara: "This is your room? Jeez."

She seems totally chill with the situation, like she doesn't care that she is in some random dude's room.

Y/n: "Ok," I take a breath, recovering from my surprise, "That's low. It's not my fault I'm so busy with school I don't have time to clean."

Chara: "Eh."

Y/n: "Are you telling me your room is cleaner?"

Chara: "Yeah."

Y/n: "Oh."

Y/n: "Ok, seriously though, how are you here right now??"

Chara: "How should I know?"

Y/n: "Well I don't know!"

Chara: "It's better than the void."

Y/n: "The Void?"

Chara: "Yeah. The Void."

She looks at me like it should be obvious.

Y/n: "Is that where you live?"

Chara: "Yeah."

Y/n: "Well then of course it's cleaner!"

She gives me a weird look

Chara: "Do you have a kitchen here?"

Y/n: "Uh- Yeah. It's downstairs."

I tell her, confused by the sudden change of topic.

Chara: "K. Imma go raid your fridge."

Y/n: "Wait- Hey!"

As she starts walking to the bedroom door, I get up and grab her arm.

Y/n: "Chara! Stop!"

Before I can react, I'm on the floor with a knife at my throat.

Chara: (Shakely)"Don't... touch me..."

I'm frozen. I can't even nod. My body instinctively swallows, but that only causes the knife to be pressed harder. I feel blood start to drip down my neck. Despite her shaky breathing, Chara's hand is very steady, and if it hadn't been for my moving, it probably wouldn't have drawn blood.

After what felt like an eternity, Chara releases me and opens the door. She pauses, as if contemplating saying something, before walking into the hallway without another word.

As I catch my breath and start to sit up I hear the door open again.

Chara: "God Dammit! Not this bullshit again!"

She slams the door behind her and huffs down on my bed, seemingly unaffected by the fact that I am currently trying to stop the bleeding from my neck.

Chara: "It's another loop."