Chapter 4: Am I dreaming?

Y/n: "Wait, a loop?"

I ask, finishing up cleaning off the blood.

Chara: "Yeah, where I can't get away from you."

Y/n: "Does that mean even in real life, you can't go too far from me?"

Chara: "How should I know?"

I get up and throw away the bloody tissue before walking to the door, ignoring her.

Opening the door, I see the familiar sight of the upstairs hallway. I walk out into it and head for the stairs, aware of the presence of Chara following behind. As I start to descend the stairs, the oddest thing happens to me. One moment I was just stepping down the first step, and the next I was in the kitchen, my original destination, with Chara standing just inches behind me, looking unamused.

Chara: "The hell did you do?"

Recovering, I sit down in a chair.

y/n: "What did I do?! How is this my fault??? You think I can use shortcuts?"

Chara froze and looked at me.

Chara: "What did you just say?"

...

Y/n: "S-Shortcuts..?"

...

Chara: "THAT DAMN COMEDIAN!!!!"

Out of nowhere, Chara explodes, slashing up the room, cutting through the solid stone counters like air. I Curl up in my Chair and try not to get hit by the knife wielding maniac.

Chara: "HE'S MESSING WITH ME AGAIN ISN'T HE?!?! WHERE ARE YOU YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A MONSTER?!?!? OR IS IT YOUR GODDAMN NERD FATHER?!? I GUESS LOCKING ME IN THE VOID WASN'T ENOUGH HUH????? NOW YOU HAVE TO STICK ME WITH THIS FUCKING IDIOT?!?!?

ARRGGHHHH F R I S K!!!!!! YOU COWARD! YOU LIAR! DON'T THINK YOU CAN RUN FROM YOUR PAST FOREVER!! YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!!!!!!"

She stands there, barely winded, but clearly mentaly exhausted; suddenly pointing her knife at me.

Chara: "Explain."

She demands.

I flinch, but then slowly uncurl and try to steady my heart rate.

Swallowing, I open my mouth and try to explain the best I can.

Y/n: "I-in my world... Your a videogame"

I tense, waiting for a strike. When none comes, I start again.

Y/n: "You play as frisk through their journey through the Underground....

I probably know more about your world than you do."

....

Chara: "What's the secret password?"

Chara questions seriously.

Hesitantly, I raise an eyebrow but say it anyway.

Y/n: "I'm... the legendary Fartmaster?"

...

After a stressful pause, Chara giggles, and I let myself relax. She throws her head back and laughs, clearly relieved to have all that off her chest. It's the most emotion I've seen her show in the short time I've known her.

Concerningly, her laughter then devolves into hysterical giggling, as she falls onto one elbow on the table, the other arm holding her head in her hand. Quietly, she starts muttering mindess nonsense, interspaced by fits of giggling.

Chara: "I'll kill them...

I'll kill them all!

hahaHAHAA!

The idiots!

..."

She continues this rant, before suddenly collapsing onto the floor.

Horrified, I sit there for what feels like hours, building up the courage to step down from my chair. When I finally work up the nerve to go over to her, I poke her with my toe, before crouching down at her side to check on her. She isn't breathing, which concerns me at fist, but I then realize it's probably normal for dead people not to breathe.

I sit back on my haunches and weigh my options. After a while, I decide it's best to help her, seen as she's clearly gone through a lot.

I position myself to pick her up and prepare for a struggle to get her up the stairs, but find that she's actually quite light. In fact, it is quite a simple task to get her to my room, especially considering the weird warp from the kitchen door to the top of the stairs.

Finally at my destination, I lay her gently into the bed and step back to appreciate the good deed. Standing there, A thought crosses my mind.

Where the hell am I going to sleep??

I look around my room, searching for a solution, and find only my extra pillow in the closet.

Sighing, I lay down on the floor and try to get comfortable. I'm almost asleep when I remember the terrible rash I got as a child after falling out of bed and sleeping on the carpet. I was hoping to go to school the rest of the week, so I stand up and slowly approach the bed.

Gulping, I push the murderous psychopath to one side, and lay down with my pillow on the other.

Seeing her now, it's a stark contrast to the mind-numbing emptiness she normally shows, or the explosive rage or murderous hysteria from tonight. She seems extraordinarily peaceful.

To my surprise, as I study her face, I find that she's actually quite attractive. With her soft smile, one I know I could never get her to make if she were awake; her sharp red eyes, who's determined glow I can almost see shining through her eyelids. Her brown hair, who's red tint lays hidden by the darkness, waterfalls across her cheeks and shoulders, beautifly outlining her pale face.

As if by accident, I find myself reaching towards her. I quickly retract my hand, but I can feel my face heating up as I realize I've been staring at her for quite some time. I roll over, facing away from her and eventually fall into a restless sleep.

Starting awake, I look over to see that Chara is no longer sleeping next to me, and reaching up I can feel the injury on my neck is gone. I rush downstairs, bursting into the kitchen to find, to my surprise, a perfectly normal morning, with my parents smiling, making breakfast, and a sleepy-eyed Chara sitting at the table.

WAIT.

(AN: The person y/n ends up with will be decided by you, based on a pole at the end of EVERY CHAPTER. Your choices are Chara, Frisk, Toriel(XD), two of them, all three, or none. (I will write a Toriel if it's chosen, unless it's specifically stated, or a harem, I'll make a new story where she's a bit younger, like 20, and so is the reader.) Put your votes here.

Sorry this took so long to get out. I've had it done for like two weeks but I just didn't get around to posting it...)