Prologue

"I could recognise him by touch alone; by smell, I would know him blind, by the way his breaths came and his feet struck the earth. I would know him in death, at the end of the world."

-The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

May 30th, 2019
Ivy-Reese Walker
210 Lake St, Ithaca, NY

Subject: Internship Information Letter

Dear Ivy-Reese,

Thank you for your interest in the summer internship junior position at Claudie Pierlot. We had the opportunity to review your request and regret to inform you that we have chosen to pursue another candidate.

We will keep your letter of interest on file for 1 year and will contact you in the future if a position becomes available.

Again, we appreciate your interest in Claudie Pierlot. We wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Best regards,

Jean Couture,
Company Representative of
Claudie Pierlot

June 5th, 2019
Ivy-Reese Walker
210 Lake St, Ithaca, NY

Subject: Internship Referral

Dear Ivy-Reese,

I am pleased to confirm your acceptance of an internship as Fashion Studio Assistant Intern with Pamela Brown. Your duties and assignments for this position are as follows; supervised work with CEO Pamela Brown and other company representatives, garment construction, pattern cutting and general administrative duties and any jobs that come up.

Your first day at work will be on June 16th. You will work 9-12 hours a day for the duration of the internship with applied exceptions.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact head supervisor Gillian Pamford. We are pleased you've decided to join us at Pamela Brown Headquarters in London, England.

Sincerely,

Gillian Pamford,
Company Representative

CONTACT NUMBER: Mum

Decline   |   Accept

"Hi, sweetheart."

"Morning mum. Is dad with you?"

"Right here, honey."

"Great. So I've, um, come to a decision about what I'm going to do."

"Really? That's wonderful! So you're going to stay here, right?"

"No, not exactly."

"..."

"I sent multiple applications out, you know. Not just to France. The offers I've had haven't been the greatest, but I received a more than ideal one yesterday."

"Tell us more."

"Well, Pamela Brown sent me a letter of acceptance. I'll be moving to London in hopefully nine days."

"Nine?!"

"I know, I know. They want me down as soon as possible and I've decided to take the job. It's paid and everything, they're brilliant."

"Have you talked to Caroline about this?"

"Yeah. She's staying in our apartment until she decides to move out. I've paid my rent."

"And what does she think about it?"

"She's happy for me. This isn't exactly what I wanted but close to it. I'm ready."

"We don't doubt that, sweetheart. We just hope you're thinking with a clear head. Have you spoken to Kade at all?"

"... not by voice, no. I finally texted him back two days ago but he hasn't responded. Whatever."

"Maybe you should go see him before you leave."

"Haven't you seen the press, mum? He seems just fine without me."

"Your mum just thinks that-,"

"Look, I love you both, but I'm handling this. I am. And I just don't see it fit that I have to chase the guy that broke my heart. It wasn't the other way around. He knows where I live."

"Okay, okay. Whatever you say. We're on your side no matter what."

"Thanks. I have to go now, Caroline's helping me with stuff around the apartment. Talk soon."

"Alright. Take care, sweetheart. We love you."

"I love you guys too."

Chapter 1 coming up next!! We're going to London !!

Also, all of Ivy's decisions as well as Kade's are going to be discussed in the book, don't worry. I've seen your comments and I'll make sure to include every detail :)

Thank you all again for your massive support on Purity. I appreciate it so much :,) <3

//

(10/10/20): I wrote this a few days ago with the intention to start writing the chapters but life has really hit me like a truck now. I've always struggled with mental health but now it's a little more draining than usual. I promise I'll try to write and update ASAP, as an avid reader I know how it feels to wait ages for an update so I'll do my best. I'm mainly posting this just so you guys can have it in your library for when I do update which will hopefully be soon <3

Okay, sorry that was so long, I hope you all have/had a great day!!