Chapter 2

V E R I T Y

via UKsHottest.com: Ivy-Reese Walker: spotted walking alone in London post breakup?!
The 20-year old American heiress has just been seen strolling the streets of London post break up to billionaire heir Kade Bishop- neither are yet to release public confirmations of their split, but inside sources have shared details on the couple on parting ways after a short term relationship. They were last seen together during Nolan Bishop's charity gala last May, and their loved up appearance had all the fans swooning. Are America's latest sweethearts really finished? Keep scrolling for more!

-

My room, after a torturously long and mentally painful two hours, was a visible ray of mess. My blanket was messy and no longer smooth like it had been before I left for school, now slouching sluggishly in multiple positions, and my carpeted floor was full of cutup newspapers and mood boards that craved my attention. It wasn't an important task, however, so I was gleeful to collapse backwards onto my bed the second I finished typing as a sign that I was finished. Any other tasks would have to wait, because now I was really able to relax.

It felt as though every minute I spent since my arrival in London was jam packed with busy schedules and tedious jobs that required a disciplined hustle. Of course, I didn't disregard the true reason for that outcome- that being my lack of friendship-making- which was entirely my fault. The relief I felt lying lazily on my bed almost made me pluck up the urge to pinch my stupidness because balance was important no matter how successful I wanted to be.

My relief for finishing was only being thoroughly enjoyed because, for once, it felt like I was actually done: I hadn't made any fun plans since arriving two months ago and usually after competing one assignment I'd move onto the next. Not tonight. I finished right on time, because thirty minutes later Rosie Wentworth appeared at my front door with a large tote over her shoulder and an oversized jacket keeping her warm from the cold.

"Hey!" I grinned, keeping the door wide open for Rosie who shuffled inside to show off the rosy cheeks which had formed undoubtedly from the wind outside, "here, let me hang your coat." My hands reached for her jacket which was slowly being slipped off her shoulders and I hung it gently on the coat rack. I knew that I was now twenty and clearly and adult but it was the simplistic objects inside a place that was entirely my own which made me relish in the reality of my life.

"Thank you," she replied, smiling warmly before her eyes darted back to the vicinity of my house. It wasn't anything big but it was incredibly homey and I was more than pleased to hear that Rosie felt the same, "gosh, your place is lovely! It's so warm and cute!"

The corners of my lips stayed upright, "Thank you, I really appreciate that. I haven't had much time on my hands to but more decorations and stuff to make the place really how I want it but I think it's coming along."

"It definitely is!" She nodded insistently and I thanked her once more. "Have you picked out an outfit or anything?" Rosie wondered curiously, her 2 minute excursion around my house now clearly over as she eyed me with a certain buzz in her gaze.

I shook my head, "I just submitted our design task around thirty minutes ago. I've spent the rest of the time lounging, I really couldn't be stuffed doing anything else."

If even possible, Rosie's contagious smile grew even more infectious and she reached out for my wrist with glee, "Perfect!" She tugs me along, and my bedroom door was open, she guided me inside like she'd known where everything was already, "We can get ready together. I brought a different change of clothes because I needed your help deciding which you prefer," she tells me, dropping her tote onto my chair as I sat down comfortably on the edge of my bed.