Chapter 3

V E R I T Y

via JuicyJuiceNews.com: Kade Bishop spotted for the first time in weeks grabbing a meal with his father, Nolan Bishop!
It seems as though Kade Bishop is finally out of the dark after being spotted having lunch with his dad in New York's famous, Parker's! The two seemed calm and composed as they grabbed lunch just weeks after the young heir's relationship with fashion icon Ivy-Reese came to an unsuspecting end. With Ivy-Reese being spotted busy with friends in London, it's safe to assume that 'Kadeese' is officially over... cue the tears! Is true love really dead?

-

"Don't give me a pity answer, Caroline, I need the cold hard truth from you right now!"

I wasn't counting, but if I were, I'd hastily and assuredly assume this was her fiftieth time rolling her round shaped eyes at me. "Ivy-Reese, I think we're long past the phase of our friendship where we lie to one another about how we look. I'm not afraid to tell you if I think you could be looking better: and I am telling you, you look gorgeous! So post it before I do it for you!"

I glanced up momentarily from my phone to spare a look at myself through the vanity mirror, catching a glimpse at the way my gloss-covered lips make a gradual effort upwards. My eyes darted back to the device and I bit my lip unsurely. "I haven't posted anything in a while. Not to mention the media's going to eat this up... maybe talk about how 'self-assured' I look weeks after the breakup." My eyes were too vulnerable to temptation and I rolled them exhaustedly at the mere thought of public chatter.

"Let them talk," Caroline waved off, shaking her head until her coiled curls bounced, "I think that's the best photo to bounce back with. And you don't even have to add it to a highlight. Post it, and in twenty four hours, it'll be gone."

An unattractive snort escaped past my parted lips and echoed through the screen, "Yeah, gone, aside from the thousands of people who will save or screenshot it. Ugh, Caroline, maybe you should just do it for me. I'm overthinking things, I know I am."

If there was one thing, amongst the many multiples in the list I had mentally accumulated since the beginning of our friendship, that I had to praise and admire Caroline for: it was surely her simple ability to give someone the truth and nothing but. Despite my overthinking and second guessing of her capabilities, I knew without a doubt in my bones that she'd never lie to me, nor to anyone she cares about. Granted, her honesty wasn't always appreciated, but it was definitely acknowledged.

"Yeah, I agree," she smiles cheekily, her face reappearing on the screen after a healthy minute away that left me inwardly wondering where she'd disappeared to, "which is why I've already posted it on your story. Go on, take a look if you want."

I wasn't even mad as I nervously clicked away from the FaceTime screen and onto the Instagram app just to find that my profile icon was now, in fact, bearing a glowing rainbow ring. There was no clearer indication and though I knew exactly what was posted I couldn't help but feel sparingly anxious: I liked keeping private, and spontaneous posts such as the given was unlikely of me.

Clicking on it, I'd promptly realised I apparently wasn't the only one who'd taken account of that fact, because among the hundreds of other viewers was a profile I swore I knew like it were a factor that depended on my reliability. "Kade's already seen it," I hummed quietly, scrolling through the profiles until my eyes leached onto another name, "so has Ethan."