Chapter 20

Carla's POV

I kept feeding my eyes as I walked along side lady Krystal not even paying attention to the people she was greeting.

The party was at a boom and everyone's dressing style was super.

no wonder Dawson had to get these for me, it would have really be embarrassing if I looked so different.

Right now, we are at a corner drinking wine.
Just then a thought niggled at me, this is Krystal's party and what if Kim jeong gyu have to show up?? I choked on the wine I was drinking.

"Are you okay" Krystal who sat opposite me asked.

"I--I am fine.." I said nervously.

"Are you sure??"

"Yes.. I mean NO.. wait a minute just one question is Kim jeong gyu gonna show up here??"

"Why?? You having issues with him??" She asked staring at me.

"No I'm just asking cause I'm not comfortable with his breed since he and my boss don't get along.." I lied.

"Oh just that, well he won't show up here considering the fact that Dawson will be here, I invited him but he said that except Dawson won't show up then he will come but since Dawson is here there's no way Kim jeong gyu is coming."

I felt really relieved good thing they don't get along.

I continue sipping from my wine beside Krystal as we were chatting away too.

"Can I ask you a question Carla ??" Lady Krystal asked.

"Yeah go on"

"tell me something why exactly did Dawson bring you here cause this is unlike him maybe he must be up to something.." She asked and lowered my gaze
.
"I don't know only him can answer that question, he never even told me it's your birthday party he just took me unaware ."

"Carla dear.." she said calmly and held my chin gently caressing it.

"First all I'll apologize for not making up to my plan on coming to check on you and how you've been faring with Dawson, I've just been so uptight." she said I took my lips into my mouth.

" I know how bad temper taetae is, he gets angry at every tiny mistakes Carla I am sorry you have to be attach to someone like my brother, if there's anyway I can make up for it..." she said sadly and I found myself chuckling

"C'mon Actually there's really nothing you should worry about, I'm perfectly okay." I smiled and she nodded with a smile.

Once again there was a hit of silence and I decided to break it. when suddenly a little girl ran from the hold of a young man and appeared before us.

"Mommy!!" She screamed and jumped into lady Krystal's body.

"Awww my sweetheart how are you??" She fondle the baby's hair and gave her a peck on the head.

"Where have you been honey? I've been looking for you everywhere Jezz!!" The young man whined as he got to us.

"I'm so sorry you know it's my party and I've been busy attending to guests, by the way honey this Carla a friend of mine.." she referred to me, it was so mind blowing to hear her calling me her friend.

"And Carla here's my lovely husband!" She said heartily and I giggled.

"Oh I see the reason why you had to leave us behind such a pretty friend you have, nice to meet you Carla ." He offered me a hand shake and we shook hands.