-2-

'Y/N!!! Y/N!!!' My roommate Skye shakes me awake.
'You have workkk!!!!' She laughs, I shoot up out of bed and stare at the time on my phone.
'Crap!' It's 9:30am I was supposed to be at work an hour ago
I must have fallen asleep on my phone last night and forgot to set an alarm.
(Based on real events 😄)

I tie my hair into a loose bun, put on a light layer of makeup as that's all I have time for, and get dressed into the cafe uniform.

(I've included alternatives for different hair types as I've had comments and felt bad that I didn't include others

(I've included alternatives for different hair types as I've had comments and felt bad that I didn't include others. I can't include tons of alternates but if you have a specific skin tone or hair type you want me to include then feel free to leave it below! Sorry to my beautiful dark skinned girls if you felt left out🥺)

 I can't include tons of alternates but if you have a specific skin tone or hair type you want me to include then feel free to leave it below! Sorry to my beautiful dark skinned girls if you felt left out🥺)

I rush through the front doors of the cafe, and sprint behind the counter while tying an apron round my waist.

'Y/n.' I hear a voice behind me.
'Look... I can explain' I turn slowly to see my manager stood with her arms crossed.
She looks at me, staring deep into my soul. I feel my eyes burning so I look to the ground.
'My cat died last night.' I pretend to wipe a tear from
my cheek.

'Mhm. Well. I morally can't fire you for that reason.' She looks at me suspiciously, she knows I'm lying but probably doesn't want to assume I am or she
might get in trouble.

'That's a warning though. If it happens again, you're out. Oh and you can stay till closing.' She struts off into the kitchen and I let out a sigh.

3 hours into my shift of serving coffee to impatient customers and dealing with Karens over dirty cutlery, I hear someone walk up to the counter. I'm
looking down cleaning a cup.

'Hello welcome to The Red Rose Coffee Shop, may I help you.' I sigh, intensely staring at the red lipstick stain on the cup trying my best to rub it off.

'I'll take an espresso to go.' Speaks the voice of a boy that's strangely familiar.
I look up from the cup and make eye contact with the boy.