-12-

'Y/n told me about your little game, what's your next move?' Skye sits on the wooden stool.

'Y/n can't know.' He winks at me,
'But I think this time I'll win.'

GEORGE POV

Turning to face the stove, I place a lid on the pan to let the contents simmer. Y/n begins laying the table ready for the meal. She won't stop going on about how hungry she is. It's like the first night we met all over again.

I lean against the counter sipping another glass of wine, I've lost count. My nerves for tonight were justified by the outbreak from Skye and they haven't left. She's quite intimidating.

I just hope I don't get left alone with her. I'm quite an awkward person sometimes.

'Slow down on the wine, George.' Y/n laughs as she walks over to the kitchen.

The kitchen, only separated by a wall and an island, is joined to the corner of the living room. The front door of the apartment is next to the island which behind, sits four wooden stools. So, it's all just one giant space. I really love her apartment: the view through the giant window, the high ceiling and how the main rooms of the house are joined in one large area making it feel so much more spacious and light.

Y/n opens a cupboard next to me, pulling out some candles and a box of matches.
'Going all out, huh?' I smirk.
'You're both worth it.' She skips back to the small table that sits by the window, setting down the candles and decorating the area.

Skye, who was silent for the last couple of minutes,  looks up from her phone. She lifts herself off the stool and walks to the table to help y/n.
She whispers something that I can't hear, all I see is y/n nod then she starts to walk back to the kitchen.

'So as it turns out Skye was supposed to be spending tonight with her boyfriend but she cancelled for me. But since you're here, he's gonna come over for the meal as well. Is that okay?' She asks me.

'Of course,' I smile at Skye who's stood by the table,
'Double date.'

Skye nods back at me with a smile and places a fourth set of cutlery at the table. Although she's told y/n she approves of me now, I can't help but feel she's still slightly wary of me.

'One second, I need to go to the toilet. Drank so much wine.' Y/n giggles and walks unsteadily out of the room.

Then it's just Skye and I in the room alone.
I clear my throat and turn to the pan to mix the food.

'Look George.' She finally breaks the silence,
'She's been through a lot okay? There's a lot you don't know that has gone on in her life.'

The words burn my cheeks, turning them red. These words make me feel like I barely know y/n at all, like I'm always second to y/n in comparison to Skye.

'Yes, she told me.' I reply, bluntly.

'I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just saying, you don't know her as well as me-'

'Skye. I won't get in between your friendship ok?' I try to lighten the mood,
'Let's use tonight for you to get to know me and I hope that maybe we can be friends too?'