-13-

George's reply assured me that he's enjoying this evening just as much as I am.

'Why not? Winter Wonderland it is.'

***

After an hour of cleaning up dinner and the mess in the kitchen, Skye books some tickets online.
'Almost sold out, they had some last minute ones.'

Jamie wraps his arms around her and kisses her on the cheek. Their affection usually makes me uncomfortable but with George here, this uncomfortableness has quadrupled.

I clear my throat awkwardly and turn my back to them, facing the sink. George must have picked up on this because he walks over.

'Date two.' He smiles, drying the plates I've washed up.

'I guess it is.' I blush and finish scrubbing the cutlery with a sponge.

I feel him brush a strand of hair behind my ear and look at me with that deep, meaningful stare. His touch sends shivers down my spine.
I look up at him and we start to lean in when Skye blurts out,

'Right. Let's go!'

***

Eventually we arrive, the lights blinding and with people swarming the area

Eventually we arrive, the lights blinding and with people swarming the area. Once we've shown our tickets we're in the park.

It's almost December so market stools display festive decorations and Christmas lights wrap around the whole area, so much so, you could probably see it from space. Hot chocolate and cooked chestnut stools abundantly fill the area with the signature scent of the holiday. People are laughing with one an other as they sip mulled wine to warm themselves from the chilling cold.

I look around like a child in a sweet shop, my senses overwhelmed by the Christmassy atmosphere. I never want to leave.

Us four are wrapped up in scarves and hats, and we're glad we are. Any bare skin on my face feels numb from the cold.

George's gloved hand finds it's way in mine as we make our way deeper into the theme park.
Skye and Jamie are ahead of us looking out for our first endeavour.

We end up at a ring-toss stand. Skye and Jamie are on one team, George and I on the other as we stand side by side. Jamie throws the ring too far back causing Skye to grunt in frustration,
'I said aim for the closest bottle.'
'You do it then!' He passes her the rings.

George throws a ring which first time lands on one of the bottles near the middle,
'That's how it's done.'
'Alright, game on.' I challenge him.