{+} 2: Wake the fuck up {+}

toaster girl woke up in a fucking field. as she looked around trying to figure out why she was in a field, she realised she was surrounded by birds. she saw king bird flapping his wings towards her. he still had his badass crown so i guess waking up and being in a field while covered in grass and flowers wasnt all bad.

"ah, Chosen one, youve awoken!" said king bird as he sat next to her feet. "i hope the transportation process wasnt too disorientating."

"i passed out." responded toaster girl, brushing some grass off her sweater.

"good to know you didnt lose your head. humans dont do well when mixed with cross-dimensional travel." The king bird said before flying up to sit on her shoulder.

"Your majesty, where are we exactly? I do not remember being in a field." Said toaster girl as she stood up, staring at the unusual scenery around her. The field seemed to be all she could see despite it being very limited in size.

"This is a safe place in between dimensions that we birds populated whilst we weren't looking for the chosen one

"This is a safe place in between dimensions that we birds populated whilst we weren't looking for the chosen one. It has no name for the reason being that birds are terrible at names."

"It's much more interesting than the human world," toaster girl said, taking in more of the scenery. "Who do they eyes in the sky belong to?"

"No one in particular." The king bird replied. "They simply just make sure no one is here that shouldn't be here."

"well, what would happen if someone got in that wasnt allowed in?"

"i dont know," said the King Bird. "nobody has gotten in yet that the eyes seem to dislike."

they walked in silence across the field, before a thought came to Toaster girl's mind.

"wheres the poptart?"

"you mean the key to dimensions?" the king queried.

"yes, wont we need it to get to our next destination?"

"of course, that is why it is in your head." the king responded.

She put her hand up and took it out of one of her head slots. at least she wasnt tripping so bad itd left reality.

"Thank you, I was worried I'd misplaced it."

The king bird looked at her "it's alright. Even the best of us forget things, if we didn't forget things every now and then, we would be perfect, and being perfection is very, very boring."

As she stared up at the bright blue sky, she could imagine that if she had a mouth to smile with, she'd be smiling.

"I suppose you're right. A lot of the time I wanted to be like all of the other humans and not be a toaster, but if I wasn't a toaster, then I don't think I would be here, having this conversation with you. You wouldn't have realised I held importance because I would've been just like everyone else. In a way, what I saw as a flaw actually made this unusual journey happen in the first place."

"the journey's only just begun." said the king bird. "theres a lot more to see."

they stopped at the edge of the field, the space beyond them fading out into pale noise. Toaster girl looked at the key in her hand, still wondering why this bullshit was happening and also how the author has procrastinated a fucking drabble fic. what the fuck.

"im going to assume that this is my cue to do something ridiculous." she stated, looking to the king bird, who was also looking at her.

"just throw the key or something. itll figure itself out."

toaster girl let out a non-existent sigh before flinging the poptart into the void. obviously the most logical thing to happen next is for a fucking pastel portal to open up. honestly theres gonna be some stupid shit happening, toaster girl knew that for sure.

"what will happen after this point? Toaster girl asked.

"well, theres only one way to find out, isnt there."