You're The One I Want (Fluff)

A/N: Slight angst

Requested by B_L_A_NK04!

Prince Legolas Thranduillion.

One day he'd be king, ruling over the Woodland Realm as his father did.

The day we met was the day I tagged along with my father on a business meeting with King Thranduil.

"My Lord, this is my daughter, Y/N. I currently don't have enough staff to look after her, so I had to bring her along." My father introduced.

The long white locks dipped as King Thranduil nodded in understanding.            "Very well, as long as she doesn't cause any trouble. This is a meeting, after all."

"Oh, she won't be." My father assured.

     At this, I peeked out from behind him, my eyes falling upon the Elven King.

      "I might be able to ease her boredom," Thranduil went on, "You know my son Legolas?"

       My father nodded. That name was known widely around here. King Thranduil's heir, the Prince.

       "Legolas! There is someone here to meet you!"

       Not even two minutes later, a small Elf around my age, came running down the grand stairs.

       His blond hair was held back in two braids on the side of his head, and he wore a deep green tunic over black pants and matching boots.

       A sparkle lit his blue eyes as soon as they landed on me. "Who are they?" He inquired curiously.

      "Legolas, this is Y/N, and her father Lord F/N. He is here for a meeting with me. I thought you and Y/N might want to play together for the time being." King Thranduil replied.

       He set a hand on his son's shoulder, smiling. "Go on, go."

       I smiled at Legolas, and he beamed in return. "Wanna play hide and seek?" I suggested, glancing around the wide room.

        "Sure," he replied, coming closer to me. My heart skipped a beat, and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

          Suddenly he tapped my arm and dashed out of the room saying, "You're it!"

          I didn't know until years to come, but I had fallen in love.

           "Ha!"

           I had managed to knock King Thranduil down and he lay on the floor, his sword blocking mine. "Very good, Y/N. I've trained you well." He mused.

            I gave him my hand to help him up, but he shook his head, and stood. "I can manage. Now, let's try-"

             Laughter cut through the air, and a shiver ran down my back. The King and I turned.

              Legolas and Tauriel were walking together, their bows in their hands, and Tauriel was laughing. Legolas grinned at her, and then he noticed us both. "Y/N! Ada! How was training?"

              "It's going pretty well," I shrugged, trying to act casual. Inside, I felt like my throat was about to close up.

               I had been training with a bow and a sword, to get a feel of which one I liked better, but I was pretty good with both.

                "She's a fine student, and very smart." King Thranduil commented, and I could hear a smile in his voice.

                 Yes, hear.