Part 5-The beginning of a friendship

Nerris and Harrison texted all the time, mainly about how their life was going and how everything was at home, Harrison never really liked talking about home, but Nerris didn't pressure him into speaking.
{-A time skip to the next summer-}
Nerris's mom pulled up to the camp, "Are you sure your gonna be okay?" Nerris's mom said, "yeah mom I'll be okay, I love you!" Nerris said, Nerris then steps out of the car and runs towards the mess hall, she was about to go in until she saw someone familiar sitting on the dock, it was Harrison, she walked over to him "Why aren't you in the mess hall?" She asked "I just needed some time to think, my parents really don't care about me, they are scared of me.." Harrison says, Nerris gave a sigh, she then sits down next to him slightly touching his fingers with hers, "You're at camp, everyone here likes you and you really don't have to worry, also..I'm your friend..BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I LIKE YOU OKAY?!" Nerris blushed a bit and crossed her arms looking the other way, Harrison chuckled "Alrighty then, thanks Nerris..now let's go into the mess hall before the others realize we are missing." "Agreed." Nerris said, then they both walk into the mess hall, nothing had changed! Gwen was basically dead inside, David was being his usual enthusiastic self, Max Neil and Nikki were talking about burning the camp down, Space kid was playing with his rocket toy, Preston was practicing his new stage performance, Ered was listening to music, Nurf was planning evil, and Dolph was just drawing, Preston looked over at Harrison and Nerris, he quickly goes up to them "YES YES!! THE ONE TRUE LOVE BLOSSOMS BETWEEN THEM!!" Harrison and Nerris turned red, Nerris without thinking pushed Harrison making him nearly fall, "I DON'T LIKE HIM- HES S-STUPID!" Nerris yelled at Preston, Harrison stood there, knowing she was just trying to make it less obvious she liked to hang out with him, "Alright! Seems that everyone is here! Let's get started with the activity!" David's voice interrupted.