12

Few Weeks Ago...

Eliza was shaking, fighting the bite from Peter. Her entire family was going crazy trying to ease her pain until Hope came. 

Eliza was cold, in excruciating pain, lucid, and extremely exhausted seeing she hasn't slept in days.  She felt someone sitting next to her and opened her eyes enough to see him. 

"God I'm hallucinating."

"I'm sorry I wanted to see if you're okay?"

"I'm dying, exhausted, in pain, and I'm pretty sure this is all in my head."

"You're going to be okay."

"Yeah, because no one has came from the brink of death like you, Derek."

Derek smiled and took Eliza's hand taking some of her pain away as her breathing ease and her eyes closed. 

"Thank you."

"You shouldn't have gotten involved."

"I get it, I'm a failure. No need to rub it in." Eliza slowly push herself up as she sat Derek helping her as she leaned back against her head board looking at him. 

"'You're not a failure. You're stronger than most people."

"Why didn't you let Scott get cured?"

"Because it hasn't been proven. I didn't want your friend to die doing something base on a rumor."

"You... you have a good heart Derek." Eliza head began dropping to one side, sleep catching up to her. 

Derek held her head up, while his other hand let go and brush her hair back. 

Eliza opened her eyes just enough to look into Derek's. 

"Your eyes, I've seen them before." Eliza closed her eyes again. "On a women. She... she was pretty."

"How did you know her?"

"Can you stay?"

Derek sat down beside her as she place her head on his shoulders. 

"What's it like?"

"What?"

"The Bloodlust? The urge to kill?"

Derek look at her. 

"There's a chance, I'd be dead. Come back because I'm part vampire, but as a vampire everything's heighten. emotions, hearing, strengthen, speed... the urge to kill. It scares me you know, what I'll be become once I die. Terrifies me that I'll be a monster. And I'll barely recognize myself."

"I don't think you can be a monster."

Eliza lifted her heard up to look at Derek. "How do you know?"