Wrong Place or Wrong Time?

There were a few days off of school after Spring Semester mid-terms and Taehyung decided that he was going to have some fun and go to a party- considering he would be leaving college in a few months, he did well on his mid-terms and deserved to have some fun.

When Taehyung arrived at the party, it was already in full swing with drunk people dancing and making out everywhere; he instantly started to question why he had decided to come. He wasn't against people having a good time, he just didn't do well with a lot of people and loud music. He was pouting inside his head because his best friend, Jimin, had an important dance competition the next day and could not afford a hangover. At least with Jimin, he would have someone to hang with.

Nevertheless, Taehyung decided to grab a red solo cup and pump himself some beer from the keg. He then wandered over to what he thought would be the kitchen to find a spot to drink alone. As he was walking toward the kitchen, he started to smell a light sandalwood scent mixed with an undertone of clean lemon. That's strange, I hope my suppressants aren't wearing off, maybe there is a candle burning, and lemon in a kitchen would make sense. But, as soon as he opened the door he saw where the smell was coming from, an Alpha leaning against the kitchen counter with a red solo cup in his hand.

"Oops, sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here," Taehyung blurts out as he looks at a boy waiting for a response. Yep, that is definitely where the smell is coming from, and damn is he cute.

"No problem, there is room for both of us in here," the cute boy with dark hair, bright eyes, and an intoxicating smell replied.

Taehyung quietly goes over to the kitchen counter and leans forward and starts sipping on his drink. They both stand there leaning and drinking until the dark-haired boy breaks the silence by asking, "So you are here alone, no one came with you?"

"Wow, forward don't you think?" Taehyung blurts as he suddenly stands up straight.

"No, No.... that's not what I meant, I mean isn't it risky for an Omega to come to a party by themselves without an Alpha or at least to be scented?"

"What do you mean? I am on suppressants, I shouldn't have a smell."

"Okay well... I smelled strawberries and vanilla before you even opened the door. At first, I thought you were going to be some horny Omega following my scent into the kitchen."

"Shit," Taehyung sighs. Shit, the suppressants are wearing off.

"Shit is right," the dark-haired boy says in agreement.

Taehyung thinks for a minute and says, "Damn, well I guess I should probably go. I don't want to deal with any of that tonight."

"If you want, I can hang by you and make sure no one screws with you if you want to stay for a little bit."

"Yeah, that would be cool if you don't mind."

"I don't mind, lets go try to find a spot on the couch and make fun of all the drunk idiots."

Taehyung and the dark-haired boy walk out to the living room, red solo cups in hand, and then find a space on the couch. They spend some time chatting, half yelling over the music, about basic information. Taehyung explained that he is in his final year as a Fine Arts major and is originally from Daegu. He learns that the dark-haired boy is a Music major in his second year and moved to Seoul 8 years ago but is originally from Busan.

As they were talking two girls flopped down on the couch and one says, "Hey Jungkook."

Jungkook, Taehyung repeats in his head.

"Hey," Jungkook responds.

The girl stares at him for a minute, and then she looks at Taehyung for a minute. "Well, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"