~Chapter 6~

~Reliability-the quality of being trustworthy or of performing consistently well~

Tanjiro, Nezuko, and I were just walking to our first mission. I was wondering where Nezuko was and why Tanjiro was carrying the box, I put two and two together and figured it out. But I was wondering something else also.

"Wait..? So Nezuko would be in the box while we travel?" I ask Tanjiro.

"Ah yes she will, Urokodaki Sensei said that would be better than her walking around. Plus she'll just be sleeping in there so it's ok." Tanjiro explains to me.

"So you'll take off the box when fighting?"

"Huh? Why would I do that?"

"Well, when we fight we'll be moving around a lot maybe. Since she's sleeping, wouldn't she be hitting the sides of the box?"

"..."

"Tan-"

"She will be fine, it's ok. Don't worry!"

"...You're weird.."

I say as I start walking ahead, as he tries to catch up to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got to the village it was still kind of bright out so we looked around. Looking for a clue or somebody who knows about the demons. I see this man looking kind of dead, like he has been through some brutal beating. He looks about our age, I think he's our age. I hear whispers all around him saying, poor Kazumi, or I hope he's doing ok after her disappearance. I tug on Tanjiro's kimono and tilt my head towards the man, Tanjiro looks at me in confusion. He looks into my eyes and gets the situation immediately, he drags me and runs up to the man.

"Mr. Kazumi!" Tanjiro yells out. Kazumi turns to look at us.

"If you don't mind, we'd like to hear your story. Is that alright?" I ask him.

He looks at us and stays silent.

"So now what?" I mentaly say to myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So this is where Sakoto vanished." Kazumi says as he shows us the alleyway. "You may not believe me but it's true." He continues on.

Tanjiro grabs him by the arms, "We do believe you! We believe you alright."

Tanjiro gets on the floor and starts sniffing for the demon. I just sweat drop at this and look to Kazumi.

"Don't mind him, it's how he gets things done." I give him a soft smile, "We will help you and this village out with the vanishing girls, so please do not worry."

Kazumi nods at me. So the past few minutes we have been just following Tanjiro. Kazumi recalls how he was beaten by Satoko's parents, who did not believe Satoko had simply vanished and assumed he had done something to her. He realizes that me and Tanjiro are members of the Demon Slayer Corps and that's why he believed him. As night falls I could tell Kazumi was growing anxious.

"U-um I understand this is your job but it's turning dark. Shouldn't you leave it for tomorrow?" He asks us.

I make eye contact with Tanjiro, he looks away and continues searching. I turn to Kazumi, and shake my head.

"No thank you. It's better if we work at nightime, they are usually active at this time. You can go to your house if you're tired though, we won't mind." I say to Kazumi, politely saying no.