Mr. Popular: Chapter 11

Even days later Sasuke still received praises for the match that was played. No one uncovered the identity of the person who made the touch down. He was simply a masked vigilante.

Sasuke had forgotten about the excitement and was back to his old self. Annoyed.

He inquired about Shikamaru's whereabouts at the time of the match. Turns out there was a certain blonde cheerleader on Sunagakure's team that caught his eye.

Sasuke shook his head as he walked towards Art class. He hadn't seen a certain pink haired girl since the day started. He didn't know why that bothered him so much, but it did.

"Hey Teme over here!"

Sasuke rolled his eyes and sat beside the blonde. Naruto grinned and rocked from side to side in his seat.

"Why are you so happy?"

Naruto's grin only grew a few inches wider. "No reason."

"Hn," was Sasuke's reply.

"Okay. If you insist on knowing then I'll tell you." Naruto started, "I'm going to ask Hinata on a date."

"Hinata?" Sasuke asked.

"You know of her?" Asked Naruto a little protective of the midnight blue haired girl.

"Who doesn't?" Sasuke scoffed, "You do know who the Hyūgas are right?" Naruto merely blinked at Sasuke. He sighed and muttered something unintelligent. "The Hyūgas are the richest family in Konoha. They're so rich, their family is treated like royalty."

"Even richer than your family?"

"That is right Naruto," said Neji as he sat beside Shikamaru.

"Cool," Naruto replied.

"Do you know what that means?" Sasuke asked.

"That Hinata is rich?" Naruto asked.

Sasuke rolled his onyx eyes as Neji chuckled at Naruto's idiocy.

"It means, Naruto, that you can't ask my cousin out." Neji said.

"What?!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Dobe," Sasuke muttered as Hinata walked in. She looked around before sitting by the window. All by herself.

"I'm still gonna," Naruto muttered as Hinata pushed a stray strand of her hair behind her ear.

"She's a Hyūga," said Neji.

Naruto smirked, "and I'm an Uzumaki."

~

Sakura was rushing to Art class, why was she so late since lately? She rounded a corner and bumped into someone, knocking both of them to the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed.

The person groaned and Sakura opened her closed eyes. She gasped as she saw that familiar red hair and those seafoam green orbs staring back at her. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came.

The red haired guy got up and looked down at Sakura. She scrambled to her feet and looked at him with an unreadable expression.

Just then girls screams could be heard coming towards the two. Gaara groaned and started running, Sakura furred her eyebrows and looked in the other direction. What she saw almost gave her a heart attack.

A hoard of fan girls were storming towards her. Sakura quickly grabbed her bag and started running.

"Where is he?!"

"He will be mine!"

"Back up, I got dibs."

She was pulled around a corner and looked up at the person who'd saved her. It was the guy with the weird eyes again. 

"Are you going to stare at me all day?" He asked. His voice was deep and husky, but strangely also sexy.

"S-sorry," Sakura said once more. "I wasn't looking where I was going a-and–oh my goodness! Art class!"

Sakura was about to run when the red haired boy grabbed her hand. "Wait," he said.

"Huh?"

"I was looking for that class. Take me there," he said. Sakura didn't know if he was asking her, or telling her. But she didn't question it, she simply nodded and gestured for him to follow her. After checking that the coast was clear, they started moving.

They walked in silence for a while, until Sakura decided to break it. "So you're a student here now huh?" Gaara didn't respond, it was quite obvious and Sakura picked up on that seconds after asking the question. "So what made you transfer here?"

Gaara still didn't answer, he wasn't a man of many words and Sakura was starting to acknowledge that.

"At least tell me your name," she said before they made it to class. At first she thought he wasn't going to answer, until he looked at her.

"Sabaku No Gaara."

Sasuke looked up as the class door was slid to the side. As he expected a familiar pink haired girl walked in. A smile threatened to grace his lips, but he controlled himself.

Suddenly the noisy class went dead silent and everyone's eyes were glued to the door. Sasuke's onyx eyes bulged as he looked at the captain of Sunagakure's football team.

Then Naruto took the words right out of Sasuke's mouth.

"What. The. Fuck."