The Entrance Exam

It had been ten months since the day me and Izuku had our encounter with the slime villain and All Might. I made sure to hit him once or twice for ditching me behind, as well as running towards the villain instead of letting the pros handle it.

Since then I have noticed very minor but definitely important changes in Izuku's behavior and physical condition. I was expecting him to confide in me what had changed since that day. But he kept whatever happened between him and All Might after our incident a secret even from me, and I thought I was his best friend. It's been bugging me a lot, but I know better than to pry about it at least for now.

I glanced down at my messy haired friend before facing forward once more before he could notice. Izuku and I made our way through the UA Gate; we both stood gleaming with amazement. Many of the greatest heroes came from here and we both were taking a shot at attending the hero course like those before us. "I'm extremely nervous, did I set myself on fire on accident again?" I flatly stated.

Gaining a worried look from my friend who was just as nervous, but he was better at masking it. "I'm just worried you know? You're sure you'll do fine? I had thought we would train together over the school year, but you became really busy training by yourself" I expressed, slightly worried about the exam ahead of us. I knew I probably would be just fine. However, I was more worried about Izuku; we never did any of the training we had planned to do. It was like he was getting his training from someone else... 'Maybe a girlfriend? pfft, nah'

"Oh right sorry. I've just been focusing on myself do much that I kind of left you hanging without an explanation. But hey I didn't slack off during the past ten months, I've improve greatly over the school year" Izuku assured me with a semi-confident smile. I immediately felt better knowing my friend wasn't going to give up on his dreams no matter the outcome.

"Yeah, your overall strength has improved, but your grades didn't, you fell asleep in class a lot this year. A good night sleep, is vital for your physical strength too you know!" I declared flexing my arms. "Well, if anything, we should get going messy head!" I exclaimed, ruffling his messy green hair. "H-hey!" He complained, which made me chuckle more.

"Stupid Deku and... what was your name again?" Bakugo said, walking up from behind us. I felt debased, "How do you not know me. We went to the same school for most of our lives!" I yelled surprised and vexed.

"Get out of my way, now before I set you on fire" Bakugo threatened, completely ignoring me. Izuku and I stepped out of the way. I sweat-dropped feeling quite exasperated from him disregarding me as simply as an extra.

"Izuku do I have a forgetful face?" I asked, pointing to my face. I must have had a perturbed expression to have scared Izuku, because he flinched at the sight of my face. Izuku began frantically trying to reassure me that I wasn't plain in the slightest.

"We need to get inside Akarui" Izuku reminded, changing the subject back to the exam. I quickly refocused my attention on my friend. "Wait Izu-Chan... Bakugo!" I said, pointing towards Bakugo. "Yeah I see him?" He asked me, suspecting me of something. "Baku-going, gone" I declared with a proud smile. Izuku stared at me before, smirking and shaking his head. My joke once again is a winner.

We continued to walk until out of no where Izuku tripped on his own feet. Before he hit the cement face first, a nice looking girl with brown hair in a bob-cut style and perpetual pink blush on her cheeks stopped him from falling in mid air.

While Izuku was freaking out, which made her giggle at his antics, I stood in amazement at her quirk. "Are you okay?" She asked sweetly to Izuku. Once he stopped panicking, she adjusted him upright and released her quirk by touching her hands together.