Chapter 2: In the Cottage

Sonic arrived near the cottage waiting for the others to arrive. Soon, Tails was the first one to arrive.

"Hey, Sonic!", he said waving at him.

"Hey, Tails! Right on time", he replied to him.

"So are the others invited to the party?", asked Tails.

"Yup", he answered popping the "p" sound,"Even Shadow agreed to join the fun".

"I didn't agree to join the party for fun", said Shadow appearing out of nowhere (with his arms crossed) along with Rouge and Omega,"I only agree because some girl named 'Aleyah' insisted that I should come to the party".

"It may be the sign of adoration", stated Tails.

"Hi Sonic!", said Amy running to him and waving at him along with Cream, Cheese, Chocola and Gemerl bringing party decorations,"I'm so glad you arrived!".

"Of course, Amy! I'm always on time", said Sonic positively, though he's sometimes late for a "supposed date" with her (A/N: If you remember the post-credit scene from Sonic and the Black Knight and one of the episodes of Sonic X).

"It's nice for the sisters to invite us to their birthday party", said Cream.

"Chao-chao", Cheese and Chocola beamed in agreement.

"Affirmative", Gemerl agreed.

Just then, someone cleared his throat grabbing everyone's attention. They turned to see the Chaotix, who arrived at the cottage in the middle of the conversation.

"Are we interrupting anything?", asked Espio.

Everyone stood there confused. Some of their jaws dropped.

A few moments later, Tails was the first one to speak up,"Uh... no, you aren't".

Then, they turned and saw that Knuckles was carried by Silver's psychokinesis. They, along with Blaze arrived in the cottage as well. When they did, Silver lowered Knuckles down gently.

"Oh, Silver. I didn't know you received that same invitation", said Sonic.

"Oh, yeah. I received an invitation from the future for some reason. I didn't know why someone named 'Pearla the Hedgehog' sent it there", said Silver.

"Same goes with Silver, except that I heard that I was invited to the party in my dimension from Gardon", said Blaze.

Just as Sonic saw Knuckles, he said to him,"Hey Knux. Glad you came here".

"Hmm. I was going to the party, but I ran into Silver and Blaze along the way", replied Knuckles.

Suddenly they heard someone gasp excitedly, then they said in that same expression,"They're here! They're really here!".

They turned to see a female yellow hedgehog with blue eyes, peach skin, two eyelashes and her quills were. She seemed to be almost the same height as Silver and Shadow. She wore a red-orange dress with a yellow-orange strip at the bottom part, orange gloves and high-heels and yellow-orange bracelets on each wrist. She can be seen right outside the door of the cottage, then she rushed to meet them excitedly.

Next came out the other two hedgehogs smiling at her excitement, whom they assumed as her parents. Her mother was a light yellow hedgehog with light blue eyes, peach skin, two eyelashes and her quills were shoulder-lengthed. She wore her yellow-orange leg-lengthed dress and matching high heels. Her father was a dark-yellow-shaded hedgehog with navy blue eyes, peach skin and he's wearing fancy tuxedo.

And the last one who came out was the one whom they assumed was her sister was a magenta hedgehog with dark brown eyes, two eyelashes, dark tan skin and her quills were tied into a ponytail. She wore a scullery maid outfit in a black rag-like, ankle-lengthed dress with white collar strip and white cuffs and she also wore black flats. She even wore white gloves and had dark magenta strips at the center of her white cuffs on her gloves. She also wore a raindrop-shaped, magenta necklace with silver lining. The four circles at the topmost part represented the power to communicate with small creatures like the chao and the wisps. She's also about the same height as Shadow and Silver. She can be seen a little shy behind the door, then walk to them with a small smile.

As for the yellow hedgehog, she greeted them with happiness, "My name is Aleyah the Hedgehog and I'm such a huge fan! I've heard all about you and your adventures!".

Then, she recalled to a few adventures they had,"You fought and defeated Dr. Eggman during his conquest by forming the Resistance, right?".

"Affirmative", answered Omega.

"It was great to have each other's backs", said Knuckles.

"Saving the world in Space Colony ARK?", asked Aleyah looking at Shadow.

"You got it all right!", answered Sonic giving her a thumbs up, then he noticed that she's looking into Shadow's eyes, but he turned away without her even knowing it,"Seems like she likes Shadow that much".

As he thought this, you can see sparkly hearts in Aleyah's eyes.

A few moments later, she let the rest of her family introduce themselves.

"My name is Pearla the Hedgehog", the light yellow hedgehog greeted, then she gestured to the other two,"And this is my husband Bruce and our adopted daughter, Runa".

Then, she whispered to the gang saying,"She tends to be a little shy around people, so be nice to her".

As soon as Shadow heard it, he looked at her, who turned to look at him with a shy smile on her face.

"Wait, you adopted her?", asked Tails.

"Yes, Tails", answered Bruce,"She was all alone in the forest. When we asked her if she could remember anything, she said 'no'".

"Don't worry, Pearla, we got it all undercovered", said Sonic giving her a thumbs up, then he asked,"So who's idea was to invite us to the party?" .

"It was Aleyah's idea. Like she said before, she's a huge fan of yours", said Bruce,"Come. Let's help decorate the cottage".

Then, they went inside to help decorate the place.