Chapter 5: The Birthday Party

Later that evening...

The party was all set up and Pearla, Bruce, Sonic and the rest of the gang were now celebrating the two sisters' birthday party. They played games like limbo, piñata, etc.

There was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing on the edges on top and at the bottom of the cake. It was presented in front of them with candle numbers "14" and "16" at the center. They were all lighted up as they all sang together:

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday, dear Runa and Aleyah!
Happy birthday to you!

Aleyah was happy about it while Runa just shyly smile.

"Alright! Make a wish!", said Sonic as they both put their hands together, closed their eyes and make a wish.

I want to be with Shadow. I want to get close to him! I WANT TO DATE SHADOW AND NOBODY ELSE!!! And I wish nobody else, NOBODY ELSE EXCEPT ME will date him, Aleyah thought to herself with a grin on her face.

At the same time, Runa thought to herself smiling, I wish I get to have such amazing friends like them apart from my best chao friends. I'd like to perform a greater friendship towards Shadow the Hedgehog and I wish Aleyah would be less obsessive right now as it would most likely irritate Shadow when she's around him.

After that, they opened their eyes, unfold their hands and blew their candles. Then, everyone cheered except Shadow, who smiled with his arms crossed and Espio, who just smiled and clapped. After the cheering, they ate dinner, then they ate cake. During that, presents were given to the sisters.

For Aleyah, she received a flower crown from Cream, a sewing machine from Amy, a book from Tails, a bouquet of flowers from Silver (A/N: Okay guys. This is a hint to the Christmas Special story), a radio from the Chaotix, a makeup kit from Rouge and the rest (except Shadow) gave her a group hug as a gift to her. Unfortunately, Shadow didn't give her any present, due to the fact that he saw how she treated Runa.

For Runa, she also received a flower crown from Cream, but it also included numerous flowers she picked from the garden. Cream promised to teach her how to make flower crowns for her friends no matter what size. Then, she received a journal from Tails, so that she could write about her experiences and feelings. She also received a makeup kit from Rouge, A friendship bracelet from Amy and best of all, a red rose from Shadow in return for her deep respect for him. As for the rest, they all took a picture of the whole group and let her keep it for remembrance.

After presents were received, they're having fun.

As for Shadow, he saw Runa going to the backyard (again) with her chao friends to sit down on the grass and stargaze. As he went out, he smiled peacefully.

Runa took a deep breath of the cold, breezy wind and sighed happily as she sat down on the grass while her chao friends had fun with each other. Then, he walked to her and sat with her.

As soon as he did, she looked at him saying,"Hey, Shads. What are you doing here?".

"I just want to give you company. If you don't mind", he answered.

"Sure. I mean, I don't mind", she replied as they both stargaze in the sky.

Silence filled the air, but it was rather comforting than the awkward one.