Chapter 3: Listen

My mum sighed and Rick lowered his head; I just didn't feel comfortable about it. I didn't feel comfortable about my mum being with Rick or about joining Rick's pack, even if he didn't date my mum. I felt like I was missing something, like I was ignoring a very important detail and just couldn't make any decisions like this. Technically, almost everyone I knew already belonged to Rick's pack. His pack was named the Blood Hunters and Stephen, mum, and even Chase, the school bully, was in the pack. In fact, Stephen was going to grow to be the pack's beta after the new Alpha takes over.

Right now the Alpha was Rick and Stephen's dad, Jeremy, was the Beta. The one training to be the Alpha right now is unknown, a complete mystery. Rick says he doesn't want to announce it yet because he wants them to be ready and to make sure he is making the right decision on choosing this one person.

Suddenly, Stephen checked the time and bounced off his seat, "Crap! I'm gonna be late again!"

I hadn't noticed how much time had passed with all the talking and then sudden silence until he had pointed it out. The sun was setting meaning it was going to get dark soon also meaning that if he doesn't get home quick his mum is going to wack him with the broom, again. "Better get home quick before Mrs. Cindy gets mad!" I told him while he grabbed all his stuff and began giving his good-byes.

"You're telling me! See you later, Aunty! See you, bro! And see you later, Uncle!" he yelled before running out the door and down the street to his house that actually wasn't that far when you think about it.

Rick wasn't actually his uncle but he called him that since his dad and Rick were very close friends.

"Better get ready to go to bed, sweetheart!" my mum told me with a sweet smile.

"Alrighty mum, love you!"

"Love you too!"

I went upstairs, took a shower, did all my homework and was now laying on my bed. By the time I had finished everything the moon had already appeared, shining beautifully in the sky like a blue gem.

I took the time to think about my past and what had happened today and there I lay on my bed, pondering on life, feeling so lost and confused. I thought about how I was classified as a rogue because I belonged to no pack and because of my rebellious past. Rick hadn't taken everything very well when he first met me and had even suggested that my mum should leave me because of what I had done to her. She didn't take what he said nicely and got into an argument with him saying that she loved me and would never ever leave me no matter what. The argument had lasted for about a week before Rick had given in to her gentle and pursuasive words. Me and Rick had gotten off to a very bad start but as he started to see how much my mum loved me and how much I loved her, he knew that what he had suggested was stupid and he apologized for his behavior.

After that he started being much more kinder to me, I grew suspicious thinking he only did it to impress my mum but even when she wasn't there he was willing to take care of me. When I needed things my mum couldn't give to me then he would give them to me. This didn't change my title of rogue though, I had to join a pack and be recognized as a member and then could I be removed of that title.

Oh but we can't forget my wolf, he would definetely complicate things too. I could already feel him getting angsty with me right now. I hadn't even done anything!

Why was Yasha doing this, I honestly couldn't understand that myself. I huffed and puffed and starting to turn while in bed. He wasn't leaving me alone like usual and it was getting pretty freaky. I could feel him start to pace around my head to the point where I wanted to get up and start pacing around. I decided to block him out and go to sleep since it was getting real late. Guess thinking about life makes time go faster.

When I woke up the next morning I had a pounding headache, I literally felt like someone was hitting me over and over and over again. "Uggghh... why does it hurt so goddamn much!" I yelled and started turning in my bed again. Then I realized the cause of the headache, Yasha was starting to act up again.

My mum knocked and opened the door quietely, "Jaidyn, baby, is everything alright? I overheard you and got worried..." she said quietely and came to sit beside my bed. I saw she was really worried and felt bad.

"Sorry mum... I didn't mean to make you worry. I just have this terrible headache and it doesn't want to go away, but don't worry, I'm fine." she didn't buy it and placed her hand on my forehead and her eyes grew wide.

"Jaidyn! You're burning up sweety!!" And now that I think about it, that would explain why I feel really really thirsty all the sudden... "Hold on baby, I'll be right back!" just as she left I felt sudden pains around my stomach area and curled up into a ball.

The pain was horrifying and I felt like something was coming up throat so I quickly went to the side of my bed. Ended up vomiting twice before my mum had come back and saw me.

"Baby!" I heard her yell and noticed she had the phone in her hand and was talking pretty quickly, telling whoever was on the phone to hurry up. She ran to me and sat beside me and started to rub my back slowly, "you're going to be okay, Jaidyn, I know it must hurt but someone is going to be here soon and they're going to help you, okay? Jaidyn? Honey!"

It was too late, I completely passed out.

Author's Note: I know, I know, this chapter was pretty short xP  I was pretty excited writing this one, but don't worry! I'll make it up to you guys with the next chapter! ;)

*sigh* Oh cliff hangers.. Bad Nerdy! Bad! D: