Chapter 3: Awakening

(3 Months Later)

The whole facility is destroyed.

As I opened my eyes, I saw many of my people have died. If not, all.  Even though he attacked us, I couldn't bear the fact that I'm still alive. I may be having the mother of headaches now but thankfully it's not enough to kill me.

He was far more stronger than any of us. He was fast, strong and those telekinetic abilities all thanks to our research. He was one of the most promising subjects we've ever had and I couldn't afford to lose him. 

Wait, he wouldn't.

He wouldn't let SUBJECT A out. He can't.

"D-don't... Please.... Do not let him out.", I managed to mutter.

"What's it to you if I did?"

"You can't, you just can't...", I already broke down and was sobbing.

"Bad luck, old man. I'm already letting him out."

"NO! Please, I beg you! I can't lose him as well!"

"He is of no use to you if you are already dead."

With that said, he pierced a broken glass right into my chest and I felt this painful, overwhelming sensation.

"No....", was all I had managed to say until I felt myself slipping into my bloody demise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A few moments earlier)

We're going to let him out.

We need to witness how far our research have gone. If all else fails, we have our whole strike team to take him down and we shall do the rest of the work after.

 As his pod opens, our monitors are now online and checks his vitals signs, his mental and physical powers.

As he gently fell to the floor, we immediately covered him in a robe and I tried to gently wake him up.

"Hey, can you hear me?", I said in a calm manner.

"Uh...", his eyes fluttered open. 

I was happy to see how he was holding up.

"Are you okay? Can you stand up?"

He tried but fell almost instantly. I let out a simple laugh and I helped him up instead.

As he stood his full height, he glanced around.

He was curious of the monitors around him, probably wondering what they might be.

"That is a monitor. That's how we see how you're holding up.", I smiled as I finished.

He just simply glanced at me and I smiled at him.

"Do not worry, boy. You are safe here.", I reassured him.

He still looked around at his environment.

I cupped his face and made him look at me.

"Do you remember anything? From your life? Your name? The ones you love?", he just looked at me, still processing his thoughts.

I nodded and tried to walk him around. I showed him a couple of things and introduced him to the lab workers around. They all looked terrified but tried to smile for I would fire them if the didn't.