Chapter 5: Homecoming

I gradually woke up because of this pain in my chest.

I tried to ignore it but it didn't even subside. Instead, it worsened.

A few moments later, my eyes shot open.

I felt like i was stabbed right in my chest.

I fell from my seat.

I crumbled from this excruciating pain.

I was tossed back and forth. I couldn't find anything to make the pain go away.

I can't use Aqua Cure because it's just applicable to surface wounds.

From this pain, I remembered the experimentation.

The vials that contained blue and green liquids that were later introduced to my bloodstream.

I feel it surging through my veins. It felt like a heart attack.

I can try screaming but no one would hear.

A few minutes later of squirming and groaning, the paint went away and I felt a little better.

I looked through the window and saw the view

I saw what was left of my country's capital, Manila.

It was horrible. It was no better than Raccoon City. 

Everything was worse in daylight.

I gasped in disbelief and cupped my mouth.

"Oh. My. God."

The plane still shot forward and was still bound south.

I turned off the AutoPilot and drove it myself to my hometown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I saw the edge of my village, I lowered the Osprey down and I kept an eye on the surroundings.

It was pretty clean of the undead except for 2 or 3 walking around. I can run through them anyway.

I checked my gear and opened the Osprey's door.

I was nervous stepping out. I don't know if my family would still be alive. Would they survive or would they be all dead? I'm aching to find out.

I found a shelf near the Osprey's door and saw a case of grenades. It was a round of tear gas. It was one of those that they used on our abduction. It had a mix of tranquilizer so it might be useful.

I feel anger surging through myself but shook it away. If I let it take over, I might not complete my mission to find my family and survive.

I grabbed some of the round and stepped out of the aircraft.

The field I landed on was not far from our house. The outskirts of the village are mostly fields so I knew where to land.

I crossed the street and walked towards our house.

I saw the house of my ex-crush Lin and it was abandoned. It's none of my business though, so I left it alone.

I took one long look at my used to be home and took a deep breath.

It wasn't any better than the houses around it.

I opened the gate and stepped inside.

"Hello? Mom? Dad?", I tried to call but no one ever responded.

"Mom? Dad? Sis?", I tried a little louder. Still no response whatsoever.

I went to the kitchen and saw a trail of blood. I winced in horror and followed the bloody trail.