5

Victor walked into the Hot Springs. He waited patiently at the counter for someone to come.

Yuuri came up, slightly surprised that he came back. "You came back. Why? You already gave back my clothes."

Victor smiled and replied "I simply wanted to stay here for more than a night! It was nice."

Yuuri sighed and admitted Victor into a room. At least this time he actually brought a suitcase.

Yuuri began walking Victor to his new room. Victor piped up and said "I saw something very interesting today, Yknow! There was a man outside the rink, performing MY routine! Can you believe it?! On the ground, he must've landed the full quadruple salchow!"

Yuuri tensed up. So he DID see. At least he didn't know it was me.

"That's crazy. Who would do that? Sounds weird."

"Funnily enough, they looked a bit like you. Do you know any other Japanese men in Russia?"

Yuuri froze.

"Yuuri..?"

.... He stood completely still. He couldn't move.

"Yuuri..- Oh my god! It was YOU?!" Victor said excitedly.

"What? No! I was thinking of what to have for dinner. Here's your room." Yuuri exclaimed. Good save.

"..Oh." Victor said, slightly disappointed. "Speaking of ice skating..-"

"nOPE this isn't happening again!-" he said as he pushed Victor into his room and rushed off to his own.

repeating the same plot are we Annie

———————————-

The next day Yuuri went walking past the rink again. He looked in for a bit just to look at the skaters. He truly did miss skating, but couldn't bring himself to get on the ice again after the incident.

Victor caught his eye. He waved happily, but Yuuri walked away quickly and avoided eye contact.

This went on for a couple days. Yuuri would periodically come to stare through the window to watch the skating and say hi to Victor occasionally.

——————-

As Victor was staying a while in Yu-Topia, Yuuri got to know him a bit better. Victor, on the other hand, had no clue that he competed in the same competition as him a couple months ago.

"Hey, Yuuri."

"Hm?"

"Would you like to go ice skating with me?"

What..?

"Uh.. I told you already. I don't like the sport."

"But you always come to watch me. Pleaseee, Yuuri?~"

"Are.. you like.. asking me out or something? Is that why you don't want me to refuse?"

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Pleaseeee, Yuuri!!"

Yuuri sighed. He was going to have to fake being bad at the sport very well.

"...Fine."

Victor jumped in the air clapping his hands together excitedly.

"We'll go tomorrow! I don't have training then and I can reserve the rink just for us!"

Great..