6

They walked into the ice rink. Yuuri felt the rush of cold air hit him in the face. He shivered slightly. His anxiety rose tremendously as he walked closer and closer to the rink. They began putting on their skates and Yuuri felt even worse. He felt like he was going to literally throw up.

"Victor.. Do we have to do this?" He asked with a small shake in his voice.

Victor stared at the man and smiled, replying "I can teach you! You've got nothing to be afraid of."

That's not what I was worried about.

They finished tying up their skates and walked up to the rink.

Ok, remember. Act like it's the first time you've ever stepped on the ice.

He continued thinking to himself as he got on ice. He didn't fall at all. Great first impression, Yuuri! Way to go.

Victor grabbed Yuuri's hand and began gliding forward. Without thinking, he glided on the ice without fail. Victor let go of Yuuri's hand in shock as Yuuri kept skating.

Yuuri was so caught up in his thoughts he forgot to act like he'd never done this before.

Victor glided over to a speaker and began playing a song on it.

Yuuri glided to the music, letting his feet lead the way. He prepared for a jump, and jumped a triple axel. He continued skating and began doing his step sequence from the season before. He jumped another jump, a quadruple toe-loop.

Victor stared at the man in front of him. He couldn't believe that this guy "hated the sport".

The music finished and Yuuri snapped back into reality. "Wh-.. Fuck." He muttered under his breath. He'd totally forgotten to be 'bad on the ice'.

Suddenly he felt a warm embrace around him. Victor had given him a hug. "'Hate the sport' my ASS! Yuuri!! That was actually stunning! I thought you didn't know how to skate?"

Yuuri's breathing hitched. "I-.. I lied."

Victor shrugged and replied "That's ok, I know I was pushy. Now tell me HOW you learnt that!!"

Yuuri felt the lump in his throat grow bigger as Victor praised him more. "Victor.. I.- Ugh. Of course you wouldn't remember me, i shouldn't have come." He said, exasperated. He bolted off the ice and back to the Hot Springs. Victor followed pursuit, very confused.

They made it back and Yuuri ran to his room, Victor following him not far back.

Yuuri got out his lousy certificate for 6th place and stared at it. Victor opened the door and saw Yuuri staring at a piece of paper.

Out of breath, he said between gasps for air, "What.. Happened??"

Yuuri shoved the certificate to Victor.

Victor scanned the document.

He froze.

"This is the..! You competed against me..? When did-" Victor let out a quiet gasp. "You're the man I met at the banquet.."

Yuuri snatched back his certificate. "I couldn't bring myself up to skate anymore. I just couldn't. I failed. I disappointed everyone rooting for me!" He said through sobs.

Victor just stared at Yuuri with eyes that almost filled with tears. He hadn't realised this was the man he fell in love with at the banquet.

He'd really fucked up.