2 - He's Hiding

"Now, children." Esther Mikaelson warned. "It's very hot."

      All the children of the Mikaelson family seated themselves around a table as their mother served them with food. Andorrea place herself next to Rebekah and Kol, and almost managed to sneak some food off of their plates without them noticing.

      "Rebekah, Kol, be careful." The woman gestured towards the young troublemaker currently in the process of eating her siblings food. She grinned at them as she finished what she had already stolen. 

      Esther scanned the table, suddenly noticing that someone was missing.

      "Where's Niklaus?" She asked, but she was only met with a silent table, something that never happened in the Mikaelson household. "Elijah? Finn? Where's your brother?"

      Finn looked at his younger sister before he answered, and she begged him with her eyes not to tell their mother. Niklaus needed some time alone, and she could understand that better than any of them. Finn did not heed her silent pleas.

      "He's un the woods Mother." Elijah shot him an irritated look, as did Andy, but he chose to ignore them. "Hiding." 

      Though Finn had warned her not to follow, she decided she wasn't going to listen to him, and now her and Elijah stood atop a hill, partially hidden by a tree. Elijah was listening to Niklaus's conversation with their mother, but Andy was too busy watching a bee fly from flower to flower to pay attention to a single word. 

      The striped insect flew from lavender, to stichwort, to vervain, until it finally chose to land on the young girl's outstretched finger.

      "Eely." She whispered as she tugged on her older brother's sleeve, fearing that the bee would fly away before she had a witness. "Look at this!"

      Elijah slowly tore his eyes away from his sibling and his parent, as if looking away for a second would cause him to miss some piece of vital information. When he noticed what his younger sister was referring to, he chuckled. It was amazing how something so simple could light up her face and day. He admired that about her, and he wished everything could be as simple as it was to Andy.

      When he looked back, the two were gone, and turning round again, so was the bee.

      "Come on, Doe." He had called her that since she first saw a deer. Her eyes lit up in childlike wonder and she was transfixed with the sight. Now, she was giggling as Elijah lifted his sister up onto his shoulders. "Or we may miss dessert."