You are jumpy

Bakugou came home from work a little earlier today. He hadn't bothered to call since he knew that it was your day off which usual meant that you were chilling at home. 

So when he stepped into his apartment and called out for you, he was a little surprised that he didn't get an answer. Sighing, he started to search his apartment for you and luckily it didn't take long. Already in the second room, the kitchen, he stepped in and he spotted your form. 

Your back was still turned to him. You had no clue that Bakugou was standing there and soon he knew why. On your head were your headphones, playing your favorite song which he guessed by the way you were humming the melody. 

He couldn't really see what you were doing but knowing you, you were probably preparing some kind of meal. He casually made his way over to you, deciding to just tap your shoulder instead of trying to make you notice him by screaming. 

Maybe he should have gone for the later.

When he touched your shoulder, he scared you to death. Spinning around with full speed you expected to see a murderer before you, so you were rather positively surprised when you saw your boyfriend standing there.

What was less of a positive surprise was the fact that your cornflakes that you had just made for yourself were now on his shirt, umcomfortable sticking to it. The milk was slowly dripping down, making a soft noise every time a drop hit the floor. 

Guessing by the look the blond presented to you, he wasnt too happy either. 

Maybe Bakugou would have found your reaction a little cute. The squeak you let out was new material for teasing and the way you looked at him like your soul had left your body was funny on its own. 

Every amusment of the situation faded, though, when he felt his shirt wetten and only then he realized that while turning around you took your bowl of cornflakes with you and spilled it on his chest.

This was his favourite shirt. 

"I am sorry!" the tone of your voice almost matched the high pitched squeak from before, maybe it was even higher, seeing that the look your boyfriend was giving you,  scared you more than any murderer ever could. You didn't fail to rip your headphones off as well, giving the male your full attention now as you hoped he wouldn't kill you.

You knew that he loved his skull shirt and you just ruined it. 

"Fuck, your clumsy ass can't even turn around without messing something up in the process" he hissed, rubbing the flakes off his shirt. His face looked disgusted. 

"Well, you know I don't do good when someone scares me" you tried to explain yoursefl, hoping that would smooth his mood but instead he just made a dismissing noise before he shoke his head.

"Shit, milk is so damn sticky" he cursed, trying to get it off.

"Stop rubbing over it. You make it worse" you reached out and took his hands of the shirt in panic. 

"I mean, it isn't that bad to begin with. Milk is sticky, yes, and you will have to wash it but other than that the shirt should be fine" you declared after you calmed down a bit. After all, this wasn't red wine or chocolate or literally everything that had to do with tomatoes or strawberries. Milk was easy to wash off. 

"Besides, we should be happy I was only making a bowl of cornflakes. Imagine if I was cutting apples and had a knives. I might have stabbed you" you made one of your awkward jokes, giving him a nervous smile along with it. 

"Remind me to put all knives away before I leave tomorrow" he said drily and now you were the one to glare.

"I am not a kid and that was just a joke. I could never stab someone-" you hoped.

"-now you are just being mean" 

"Is that so?" He gave you a smirk. The sudden change of expression didn't sit well with you. You wanted to back away but you forgot that the counter was right behind you. You tried to slip away to your left but Bakugou saw that coming and with reflexes of a cat he put his hands on the counter beside your body, effectively trapping you.

"Let me give you a hug to make it all better" his tone sounded sickly sweet, making you crunch up your nose and within the next moment you were pulled into his broad chest. You felt your shirt becoming sticky as well, making you feel uncomfortable. 

Instead of hugging him back as you would usual do, you tried to get away by pushing on his hips with your hands but to no avail, he was way stronger than you. 

"It's just milk, babe, relax" he snickered, tightening his hug. You tried to glare up at him but with your cheek being pressed against his chest you only were able to manage a side glare. 

"Since when do you call me babe?"

"I can go back to dumbass this second"

"No need, babe is fine" 

A/N: The fourth chapter of Who I am and who you were will be posted in the evening (it is almost 2 AM where I am, so it will be another 17 hours or so) because I want to read over it one last time but I won't be home before evening tomorrow and I need to go to bed now because I have to wake up early. Also, there will be obviously another chapter of this story. I only posted it now because I forgot to publish it before lmao.

Anyway, good night!!