Dinner Shenanigans

*Thank you so much @strngiesttrash for the idea and request*

"What's for dinner tonight, Mum?" Asks Ron as he trots into the kitchen, you're following right behind.

"Whatever it is, it smells quite delightful!" You say as Ron pulls out one of ten chairs at the kitchen table for you. "Thank you, Ronald." You say quietly enough for him to hear; he smiled as the words met his ears.

"Boiled potatoes and chicken pies and thank you, (Y/N)! I don't get enough recognition for my cooking around here; in that of my own home!" Molly shoots Ron a rather nasty, motherly-like glare as she begins to pull out another raw potato from a burlap sack that resides on the countertop.

"But Mum I always-" Ron begins but he's interrupted by loud, thudding footsteps, tumbling down the wooden staircase behind the three of you.

"Chicken pies?" Fred and George yell synchronously as they jump down from the fifth stair, making even more noise than they had just moments ago, "Wicked, our favorite!"

"Calm down!" Ron blurts out, already not having their rowdy behavior this early in the evening.

"Don't let them bother you. They're just trying to have a laugh, that's all." You whisper, putting a hand on Ron's shoulder.

Ron's eyes seemed apologetic as you looked into them. He always seems to get into little happenings with his siblings when you're visiting. He believes it makes him appear more "manly", as Ginny would always begin to tell you. Nonetheless, you thought it was quite charming knowing that Ron was probably only acting in that way to try and make a good impression upon you; but he'd never tell you that.

The Weasley's always invited you to stay for a few weeks during the summer holidays. You looked forward to these visits each summer, especially being able to have a little extra one on one time with Ron as that didn't come easily once you were at school. This particular summer was right before your sixth year at Hogwarts.

"I know," Ron begins to whisper solemnly, "They're just a couple of foul right gits anyway. If only I could tell them how much they're annoying me right now." Ron's face began to slouch, his eyebrows lowering and his lip turned the wrong side up, resembling that of a frown.

"Oh, you'll be telling more than just us about how you're feeling tonight." Fred sniggers at the fact he'd just successfully eavesdropped.

"Just you wait!" George elaborates ominously, as he begins to toy with a small object tucked inside his right trouser pocket.

"Why are you both taunting him?" Molly whips her head around, her focus now straying away from the boiling potatoes, her eyes pinched to little slits, raging with what looked like pure and utter frustration, "There will be no funny business tonight or else all day tomorrow will be filled with endless amounts of long-overdue gnome plucking," She quickly trades her angry tone for a softer one in a matter of seconds as she turned to look at you, inhaling a deep breath before speaking once more, "Except for you, of course, (Y/N) dear."

You smile at Molly as she turns back to prepare the rest of tonight's dinner. Ron leans in, whispering into your ear, "How come you get out of everything? You practically live here". When Ron backs away, you saw he was repping a small smile, which made you get the case of the giggles. Ron's cheeks start glowing red as he admires your smile.

"How much longer for dinner, Mum?" Ginny shouts from a few floors above the kitchen, "I'm starving!"

"I must have the most impatient children in all of the Wizarding World!" Molly mutters under her breath before shouting back up the winding stairwell, "About five more minutes, dear!"