Burn Out

One problem that a lot of writers deal with is Burn Out. Why? It's because all you want to do is write your idea down. However, after a few weeks, months even, you can get bored with it. Not because your out of ideas, not because you need inspiration, just because you are burnt out.

So how can you fix it? First of all, when you get a new idea, do not start writing it and not stop! What do I mean? I'll give you an example. When I come up with a new idea, I first write down the outline, the summary of the whole novel. Then I stop and do nothing until the following day. That's when I start writing. However, I only write a little bit. I do that each day, this helps to not over do it.

Some of you have probably participated in NaNoWriMo, or at least attempted to. At first it seems fun and interesting, after the month, however, you are done with writing. I know personally I have hardly written at all after November. This is called Burn Out.

Try This: Force yourself to write one page a day (300-500 words). Do not write anymore than this, and if you do only write a little bit more. Leave the rest for tomorrow. If you try doing this, you don't get sick of writing. Also, if you end in the middle of an important sene, then you can keep thinking about it and comes next for the rest of the day. This helps you to write it better and more thought out.