Chapter 3

The broken pieces of jade on the ground seemed to slap Yi Yang's face.

Yi Yang's face hadn't looked good ever since he returned home.

When he saw the unreadable look in Qin Yan's eyes, Yi Yang could not help but think about the words that Xu Xinyi had in mind before.

He really could not believe that the person he had known for more than a decade would actually be the kind of hypocritical person that Xu Xinyi maliciously speculated about in her heart.

But the reality in front of him made it so he had to believe.

Otherwise, how could the jewelry box of such an expensive piece of jewelry allow its contents to break as soon as it was opened, even when he had opened it so carefully?

–"Lucky me, I dodged the bullet. If it wasn't for Yi Yang interfering I don't know how I could have gotten out of that one."

–"The dog man can block bullets at critical moments."

"Husband, this was Miss Qin's sincere heart that she delivered to me. But now look at it..." Xu Xinyi picked up a piece of the jade bracelet from the ground with a look of great regret and accused him bitterly. "You can tell how good the jade bracelet was just by looking at this little piece. How could you be so careless?"

"Yi Yang, what's wrong with you? Why didn't you hold on to it properly?" Mrs. Yi was quick to smooth things over and spoke to Qin Yan with a smile, "Yan Yan, I'm really sorry. Yi Yang has been busy at work recently and he has been running all over the place at home and abroad. He just returned to the country yesterday, and he hasn't had time to shake off the jet lag. Don't worry about it. Auntie here will send you a better jade bracelet some other day."

Of course, Qin Yan would not quarrel with Mrs. Yi over a little jade bracelet, so she acted very understandingly. "Auntie, I understand that Yi Yang didn't mean it. I also only returned to China two days ago. It's been a while since I've visited and I wasn't sure it was okay. As for the jade bracelet, it was originally a gift for Xinyi. What do you mean by saying you'll give me a better one?"

Mrs. Yi was very satisfied with her words, patted her on the back of her hand, and said with a smile, "Auntie feels relieved since you said so."

Qin Yan was the only daughter of the Qin family, an internationally renowned designer and a famous model, she was a woman with a deep background. The jade bracelet she brought was really good and she especially showed it to Mrs. Yi before Xu Xinyi and Yi Yang arrived.

Mrs. Yi had owned countless jewelry so how could she not know the value of the jade bracelet? She had immediately said it was too expensive.

But Qin Yan said, 'Auntie, Yi Yang and I grew up together but I was not in China when Yi Yang got married. I was too busy to return back then. So just consider this jade bracelet to be my wedding gift for Yi Yang and Xinyi. Please don't turn it down.' And Mrs. Yi had nodded.

Qin Yan had been half-raised by Mrs. Yi from an early age. She knew that Mrs. Yi liked her and had always treated her like a future daughter-in-law before Yi Yang and Xu Xinyi suddenly got married.

Sadly, no matter how much Mrs. Yi liked her, she couldn't overturn Old Master Yi's engagement arrangement.

Before returning to China Qin Yan had inquired around and discovered Xu Xinyi's perverse behavior that was unsuitable to be Mrs. Yi. She had an arrogant and domineering character, was not liked by her mother-in-law, and she and Yi Yang were only a plastic couple without any true feelings between them.

The jade bracelet was originally just a test so even though it became a pile of worthless debris, Qin Yan's heart did not ache at all.

She just felt sorry that the jade bracelet was not destroyed by Xu Xinyi's hands.