Chapter 13

Xu Xinyi and Yi Yang had been secretly married for many years now and the two of them had always shared a tacit understanding that it would be better for both parties to keep it that way. For Xu Xinyi, the advantages of a hidden marriage far outweighed the disadvantages.

For instance, a married woman in the entertainment industry could not carelessly touch any of the new fresh meats.

"Sister Xinyi, you have been in the entertainment industry for so long, have you ever heard of this rumored star who is secretly married to CEO Yi?"

"Of course we have," Anya cut in with a smile. "We've even met her before."

"Wow, have you really met her? So this Weibo is telling the truth? Yi Yang is really married?"

"Sister Anya, tell me, which actress is so lucky as to marry CEO Yi?"

"Lucky?" Xu Xinyi glanced at the fresh meat who spoke and scoffed.

"Of course!" The fresh meat was in high spirits. "Yi Group has few competitors in the city, whether it's in real estate or in other industries. The Yi Group's market value and prospects are inestimable. And CEO Yi is able to manage the company so steadily despite his young age. Needless to say, he is also very handsome, so of course, any woman would be lucky to marry him."

However, Xu Xinyi, the "lucky woman", did not feel particularly lucky. On the contrary, after these young fresh meats said so many words about Yi Yang, her interest in them began to wane.

So superficial!

At the same time, another group of people who had come to the club to discuss business had just finished up and were now leaving. But suddenly one member of this new group of people's footsteps stopped as they passed by the door of the room.

Two security guards, who were standing outside of the private room came up to the man who had stopped and asked, "Is something the matter, President Yi?"

Yi Yang lowered his eyes and was silent for a moment. Then he signaled them with his hands, his meaning was clear: 'you leave first'.

With no other choice, the two security guards were kicked out.

–"No matter how handsome Yi Yang is, is he handsome enough to eat? How can one single Yi Yang compare with a hundred fresh meats?"

–"Superficial! People are too superficial!"

–"There are so many women who want to marry Yi Yang? Are they crazy? Who can stand Yi Yang's dog temper?"

–"I wouldn't want him even if he was free."

The little fresh meat continued to ask, "Sister Xinyi, Sister Anya said you two met her. So who is the lucky actress?"

"Yes, Sister Xinyi, do you know who it is?"

"Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom." Xu Xinyi really didn't want to hear any more from these people, who were chattering on and praising Yi Yang, so she made up an excuse to leave.

Yi Yang, what was so good about that dog man? He was just born lucky. Bah! Count it as her bad luck to hear people nattering on about him wherever she goes.

After she opened the door of the room, Xu Xinyi's feet suddenly froze. Her face changed abruptly as she was enveloped in a familiar icy aura. It was like an invisible hand wrapped tightly around her throat.

Outside the room stood Yi Yang. His black shirt was meticulous without a wrinkle, his tie was neatly tied at the collar, and he looked immaculate – just the same as when he had stepped out of the house this morning. He was lazily leaning against the wall.