Chapter 19

Anya looked over at her with a look that asked 'are you crazy'.

"Buy? You want to buy the company? Are you kidding me? This is not to like buying some clothes, jewelry, or bags, where you can just spend a few tens or hundreds of thousands" Anya was afraid that Xinyi was making a decision hastily because of her rage so she spoke up," Xinyi, you should just calm down, that scum is not worth your anger. The plan for today is to just quickly terminate your contract with the company. Your time is too precious to waste on them."

"...I was joking," Xu Xinyi quickly came back to the main point. "Don't worry, I'll find my lawyer tomorrow and begin the procedures to terminate my contract with them as soon as possible."

"I'll go and talk with the crew of 'Phoenix'."

Anya was not a brainless beauty. In her role as an agent, Xu Xinyi trusted her greatly. The crew of the drama "The Way of the Phoenix" were first contacted by Anya and only later did they sign an agreement with the company.

"Alright."

——–

The two of them moved quickly on their respective tasks. Xu Xinyi met with her lawyer the next day and had them prepare the materials and begin negotiating termination of her contract with Tianyu. It was estimated it would be done by a week later.

The lawyer initially estimated that if Xu Xinyi wanted to terminate her contract with the company, she could also sue the company on the grounds that "The company had failed to fulfill its obligations in accordance with her contract regarding providing dutiful assistance in promoting her acting career." but when Xu Xinyi asked about the pros and cons she found that, if she won the case, she would be able successfully terminate the contract, but if she lost, she would have to pay up to eight figures in compensation to the company.

Moreover, it would certainly be tied up in the courts for a long time, which would have an impact on Xu Xinyi's future works.

"So you're saying that, during the legal battle with Tianyu, I won't be able take on the shooting of any new TV series 'without the companies' permission?"

"That's right. If you take on any new shows, it will be considered a breach of contract."

After careful consideration, Xu Xinyi asked solemnly, "Lawyer He, I would like to ask, how much will it cost for me buy this company?"

Lawyer He: "...? Miss Xu is quite humorous."

After seeing the lawyer off, Xu Xinyi lazily gave Anya a call.

"Anya, how's it going on your end?"

Anya's angry voice came out of the phone, "Forget it. The investors told me the contract is with Tianyu, so I should talk to Tianyu, and they will not interfere in the matter. What is this? I guess Tianyu had long pulled the investors to their side!"

"What about the crew?"

"The director did say that he would try to talk to the investors and that he didn't like Li Hanxing, who was stuffed in through the back door, but he hoped that before you joined the crew, you could settle your dispute with the company. Otherwise he would be in trouble if something went wrong in the middle of the shooting."

Speaking of this, Anya sneered, "But I really don't understand, are those investors blind? Everyone can see Li Hanxing's acting skills are garbage, and they want her to play the heroine? Isn't this just putting a black mark on the show before it even begins? Looking at the whole entertainment industry, who is more suitable for that role than you?"

"I love listening to you speak about me."

"Alright, don't flatter yourself. What about on your side? What did the lawyer say?"