Chapter 16

Ever since becoming 'Xu Xinyi' she had no choice but to learn acting skills. And in that scene just now, she had acted passionately and used all the skills she had learned across both her lives.

She said that last sentence to leave a place for Qin Yan to step down to. After all, this was the other woman's birthday party. She couldn't really shame her in front of so many friends and relatives, right?

–"Consider this a warning today! If you dare mess with me again next time, see if I don't rip you up personally!"

–"Today, I didn't completely destroy you. That's because I'm such a kind woman."

Yi Yang's eyebrows raised and his heart faintly jumped. He gave Xu Xinyi an unreadable gaze.

Qin Yan, who was forced to swallow this bitter fruit, forced a smile that didn't reach her eyes and agreed. "...yes."

"Acting? But Qin Yan, we clearly saw..." The dog man's friends jumped out immediately.

"It's alright," Qin Yan quickly tidied up her mood in an effort to not look so ugly in front of Yi Yang. "It was really nothing. I was just curious about Xinyi's acting skills, so we agreed to play out this little drama. Anyway, I have something to do so I'll go in first. You guys have a good time."

As soon as she left, Qin Yan's four fox friends and dog buddies* all sent glares at Xu Xinyi before they turned to enter the lobby and follow Qin Yan.

Suddenly there were only Xu Xinyi and Yi Yang left on the terrace.

The winter wind blew and below them the rare flowers and greenery all over the yard swayed and rustled. On the terrace, Xu Xinyi shivered.

"Happy now?"

Yi Yang walked up and cupped her chin in his hand. Then he forced her to look up, and then turned her face from side to side.

"What are you doing?"

Yi Yang smiled and replied, "Looking at your face to see if there are any palm prints or disfigurement."

Xu Xinyi knocked off his hand, "Come on, I already told you. I was just playing with Qin Yan."

Yi Yang gave her a deep look.

Xu Xinyi looked back at him without guilt.

"Why are you looking at me, you son of a bitch? You want to stand up for your Qin Yan? You want me to knock your dog head off?!"

Yi Yang had no choice but to take back his eyes.

–"Good that you know your place."

Back in the lobby, almost all the guests who had come to attend Qin Yan's birthday banquet had arrived. Qin Yan showed no trace of embarrassment and stood gracefully in front of a huge ten-layer cake, cutting the cake.

Xu Xinyi, who was drifting through the crowd with a smile, looked at Qin Yan with great interest from one side. This woman was suppressing a great deal of annoyance, right?

"Yi Yang, long time no see." A man carrying a wine glass approached with a smile. He held out his hand while greeting Yi Yang and it looked like he was one of Yi Yang's old acquaintances.

Yi Yang froze for a moment and seemed to be trying to recall who the man was. After thinking for a moment, he smiled and reached out to return the handshake. "I haven't seen you for a long time."

"Is this Mrs. Yi? When you got married back then I was still abroad and couldn't come back to attend your wedding. I'm sorry, but do you mind if I borrow your husband? Could you let us married men talk alone for a bit?"