Chapter Five

VOTE AND COMMENT, PLEASE! (: COOKIES IF YOU DO!

edit: I really want to try and get on the what's hot list, even if it is dead last. I've never made it to the list before. So, please help me get there, I'd love you forever if you did!!!! (:

NOT YOUR AVERAGE TEEN PREGNANCY

Chapter Five

          I didn't say anything after that. I watched Derek's parents leave, but Derek stayed.

          "I-I told them it was mine," he says quietly, sitting down on the bed next to me.

          "I can't let you do that. You don't need to take the blame," I say.

          "Yeah, and tell everybody that you got fucking raped at a party I made you go to? THAT'S definitely better," he looked at me, his blue eyes pleading.

          "I could just...get an abortion," I say.

          "No. Not only are my parents against those, but me too. Plus, if you tell everyone at school...," he trails off, knowing he's winning.

          "Why would you do this for me?" I ask.

          "Because...I don't know, you're you, I like you," he says, shrugging.

          "But, you're going to go from a player, who gets girls left and right, sleeping with them constantly, to not getting laid at all," I say.

          "We can tell my parents the truth, but no one at school gets to know, okay?" he says.

          "Did you hear me?" I ask.

          "Yeah, and I'm telling you, I'll pretend to be the father of your baby," he looks at me.

          "I would so freaking owe you," I say.

          "No, it'd be fine."

          "Derek, my god, thank you," I say, and he smiles, he won. Somehow, I don't believe why he would want to pretend to be the father of my baby.

          "It's nothing," he shrugs.

          "The hell it's not, you do realize you can't be a player anymore? That you'll be stuck with me until we graduate high school?" I ask.

          "It won't be that bad. It's you," he shrugs. I try to hug him, but it doesn't exactly work out, since I'm hooked up to a million machines. He smiles, and stands up to hug me. He lies down beside me on the uncomfortable hospital bed. He lays a hand on my very small belly, and rubs it soothingly.

          "Soon you're going to be huge," he whispers.

          "Yeah, unfortunately."

          "Oh, it won't be too bad. I think you'd make a very beautiful pregnant girl," he smiles kindly.

          "Yeah, with a freaking rapist's baby," I lean my head over onto his shoulder.

          "We could...pretend...it was mine...if that makes it any better," he says, smoothing my hair.

          "In the end I'm still a knocked up teenager," I shrug, "Even though you're already pretending at school, I won't ruin your life by making you pretend for real."