Epilogue

The sun is shining brightly and the wind blows softly, a crowd of people mourning and crying for the young man, who's now inside the coffin.

A perfect weather, in contrast to what's happening.

The young male's complexion is now very pale, like a porcelain. His lips, colorless and his body cold as ice. He lays there, peacefully.

He seems like he's sleeping, peacefully, however for eternity this time. The man looks like a beautiful piece of art, with flowers engulfing his body.

However,

It's a terrifying sight to anyone who sees it.

The crowd were dressed formally in black, with white lilies in their hand. They cannot utter a single word when they saw the body of the dead man.

No one dares to say anything, nor did they try to.

The ravenette dare not move, dare not talk nor dare to mourn.

Levi found the lifeless body with a terrifying disease, he had done something he shouldn't have. He was weighted down with sadness, anger, confusion and guilt.

He had lost his dearest friend, his dear friend who was with him for years, who accompanies him even during tea and work.

He's in pain for the loss of his dear friend.

He was angry for not noticing anything sooner. The time that he realized the situation, it's too late. He can't even do anything for him.

He's angry with himself. He felt contempt for himself.

He couldn't completely digest everything. He can't accept Y/N's absurd death. A fairy tale like disease.

He's in confusion.

After the discovery of the death of Y/N, he was in despair.

He felt responsible for the death.

Everyone was crying, mourning and calling out the young man's name.

But Levi, all he could do was standing there, with empty gaze and blank expression.

Hange was crying, couldn't contain everything back. She wanted to blame Levi for everything that happened,

And Y/N's brother, who understood the situation.

"Where... nii-chan..? Hegh..! Nii-chan..! Scared..! Mgh.. Nii.. where...?"

He turns to Levi,

"Give.. nii-nii..! Give.. back..!"

Tears was covering his face but Levi stood there blankly as if his soul has left his body.

But this was no one's fault.

Only the misfortune of the victim.

Everyone in Y/N's squad, and his close friends were permitted to see him one last time and was informed of the cause.

There's nothing to be done.

Y/N's no longer here.

After they bid their farewell to the young man, his burial was done.

Days, weeks and months have passed. Everything went back to normal, but definitely no one could forget his death.

His brother was taken care still by the church, with Y/N's friend would often check and keep him company.

Hange was researching for the cure, in fear if something similar were to happen.

Eren and his friends, still train diligently, remembering what Y/N had told them what to do and not to do.

Everyone was still mourning, but didn't show.

Levi buries himself more and more, immersed into work.

Everyone would often told him to rest but he just couldn't. His insomnia got worse.

A year have passed, the weather is great.

Today as well, Levi is buried in his work. He's working on his mountains of paperwork.

His vision was blurring for a second as he works on it.

' I'm tired.'

His dark eye bags could be seen visibly.

He put down his pen and began massaging his temples.

He saw a silhouette of a familiar shorter man, sitting on the couch in front of him. He was stunned for a second, he blinked and nothing was there.

He thought that he must be real tired to the point he even saw a dead man. He thought he might have gone crazy and started to see hallucinations.

He took a deep breath and get up from his seat. Exiting the room while putting his jacket on.

The cadets greeted him as he made his way out, to the town.

To the flower shop, got out with a bouquet of white lilies.

To a cemetery, where he is resting.

He stand before a stone, he put the flower in front of the grave.

"Have you been well, Y/N?"

"I checked on your brother the other day. He seems to have stabilize and was smiling brightly nowadays. Similar to you."

"I have a lot of work these days, it seems to be never ending. I even saw your hallucination earlier. Maybe my tiredness have began to eat up even my brain."

"... I still, couldn't forgive myself. I'm sorry. I couldn't apologize enough."

"I haven't been sleeping for so long that I lost count. Maybe I'll be visiting you soon."

Suddenly he felt like as if someone has touched his hand.

But there no one there, only a petal of flower on his sleeve.

He smiles,

"Y/N, I'm tired."

He sat by his gravestone, leaning on it.

"Let me rest for a second."

"I'm going to see you soon, mon amie."

Levi never opened his eyes, and sleep peacefully for eternity, with drugs on his hands.