CH2 ¤ Return

[Jan 1, System Year 011]

The sun was high in the sky above the bustling Academy City. Smart Connected Cars speed across the streets in platoons with a few hovering a feet above the ground, and pedestrians moved around the sidewalk in a semi-oderly fashion. The order was actually surprising for one of the major sectors on [Geoid-Earrth], but it was to be expected considering the Peacekeepers flying above the city on magic powered HQ-issued Hoverbikes.

Yes. Flying.

What did you expect in a fantasy story based in a "magic-meets-technology" world?

Far from the heavily busy city center, but not on the outskirts either was an "average" looking apartment building. Average in this era, but if you were to travel just ten years back, it'd be a high-end apartment building.

On the fourth floor, out of a total of eighty-five was an average apartment with an average living room with two simple couches and an adjoined dinning/kitchen. In the bigger of the two average bedrooms was an average looking bed, bedside table with a lamp, a computer table with Compact PC, and other average basic things.

The entire place screamed "average", Except for the PC though. Though not the latest model, but it was still hot stuff in the market. With a 50 Terabyte storage space and an Advanced A-Grade RAM capable of 1.2 Million operations per second and a 10,000mAh battery capacity which came along with an emergency [Energy Capsule] equivalent to about 1500mAh, this PC was simply top grade. And when it was closed, it simply looked like a 40cm by 4.5cm flat plastic baton.

However, that awesome PC is not our focus.

Our focus is the odd looking not-so-average swirling mass of magic above the average bed that looks like it came straight out of a fairytale.

The mass of raw Magic Energy–Manna– became denser and denser, causing the air around it to visibly distort. It seemed as if it was going to explode at a moment's notice.

And it did.

Silently though...

There was a silent shockwave as the Manna shot into the body of the man who was sleeping and disappeared as if it wasn't there in the first place. Some people around the building shivered slightly at the abrupt surge of magic, but ignored it as their perception of magic was too low.

The man shuddered in his sleep, and opened his eyes slowly. He seemed to not be aware of his surrounding. Then he suddenly sat up as if struck by a bolt of lightening.

*Clatter *Clatter

In his haste to grab his average (yes, we haven't forgotten) alarm clock it fell on the floor, along with a calculator, a pen, and a smartphone. Ouch.

He young man who looked about sixteen years slowed down a little, but still to fast for a person who just woke up, and picked up the alarm.

Then his eyes widened in surprise, and then he froze.

You'd think it's because he was late or something. However it was far from it, you could say he was even too early...

What shocked him was the date.

[01-Jan-SY011]

Or to be more specific, the year.

[SY011]

[SY011]

[SY011]

[SY011]

It seemed to continue ringing in his head. Then he sat back abruptly on the average looking bed.

"I transmigrated" he said in a low voice.

"I f*cking transmigrated!" the teen suddenly jumped of the bed with a broad grin on his face.

"No wait, it's actually time travel..." he said wearing a thoughtful expression. "Not that either. Time travel involves 'future me' coming back. It's more like I saw the future"

He suddenly got into a dilemma.

"That's not correct either. Its more similar to the concept of 'time passing through you' considering I actually lived through everything"

"Well who cares! I traveled through dimensions one way or another"

Dispelling his previous deliberation, he rushed to the average floor length mirror close to his dresser– also average.

"Hmm..." he spoke as he examined his face "I should be how many? Sixteen? Yup, this year I'll complete seventeen"

"So I have how many years..." he did a quick calculation in his head. The [Ragnarok Wars] started in "System Year 025". It was currently Year 011, which gave him about fourteen years...

No, considering it was January 1st, he had almost exactly fifteen years to prepare.

"Well not bad. It should be enough time to right some wrongs. I'll definitely change my fate this time" he said with conviction, clenching his fists.

Suddenly realizing something, he called "stats" in enthusiasm.

===———====———===
[STR] 2.4 [END] 2.9 [SPD] 3.0 [DEX] 3.2
[VIT] 2.0 [PER] 1.9 [INT] 3.5 [MNA] 2.0
[Power Level] 2.6
===———====———===

He suddenly dropped on the floor as strength left his legs, all the previous excitement going along with it.

"I'm so weak"
.
.
===———====———===
[Please Read. Important]

Chapter two finished. Yay

Anyway, I want to point out a few things.

[1] I will explain EVERYTHING that happens in the story as it progresses. In fact, I may even "over" explain (I seem to have a problem with that) so don't worry about it. Just read and everything else will fall into place.

[2] Word count: 796. I plan to make most chapters between 600-800 words. The longer ones may reach 1000 and the longest 1200. I know the previous chap was way longer than that, and I'm working on fixing my problem of being unable to ignore irrelevant facts. And I didn't want to have "prologue 1" and "prologue 2" so I just left it at that. It's mostly the "status screen" that made it go past 1500 words though.

[3] I made A LOT of mistakes in the previous chapter. A few things in his status screen like the [Health] bar and [Manna] bar in the HUD that I even mentioned, and advanced stats such as [Recovery Points] and [Defense Value] (👈sneak peeks) were not mentioned because I was being pressured (by myself...) to publish the first chapter and so I skipped them. I'll leave it like that though and correct it in the future chapters cuz I feel that chapter is long enough already.

[4] Am not perfect; nobody is, so I really appreciate the corrections and tips. Please keep the coming. "NICELY"

[5] PLEASE! Don't skip the footnotes. There are going to be lots of useful info in them, starting now...

[6] Shout out to:
@Witto150 for the useful tips.
@TessyAustin for the official "first vote"
@Her_name_is_chris and @LotsChrono for the encouragement

[Vote] [Comment] [Share]
.