[CH5: One More Maniac]

===---====---===
Arise humans!
===---====---===

These bold words covering the midday sky caused every human to look up.

===---====---===
You have lived with the [World System] for so long and have grown too accustomed with it.

It has caused your complacent nature to rise. You have bullied the weak with your power and the beasts have become too easy to deal with.
===---====---===

"Isn't the beast becoming easy to deal with a good thing?" an unimportant extra asked, but was ignored.

===---====---===
From now on, you shall be tested if you are really worthy of the power it bestowed upon you!
===---====---===

Murmurs broke out among the humans.

Both young and old. Rich and Poor. Awakened or Regular.

They all had similar thoughts.

Who was this? Where did this power come from? Did this mean that more problems will be added to the monster trouble that was just recently dealt with?

===---====---===
Arise! For the «Age of Quests» shall now begin!
===---====---===

These words brought about a new era for humanity. Or to be more specific, a modification of the already existing new era.

People, both awakeneds and regulars, started receiving "quests".

It could be anything, ranging from simply passing a quiz test to killing a B-Ranked monster.

The reward for quest completion was usually simple. The got Credits, which soon became a currency, or simple items like Beast Cores. The luckier ones even got stat Stat Points.

All this however were unimportant. The main aim of humanity was the completion of the [World Quests]

Without question, they were of utmost importance. Even the name implied so.

In MMOs, the [World Quests] had to do with the main storyline of the game. Similarly, the human government speculated it had something to do with the whole reason for the «System Ascendance» in the first place.

Somehow, humanity got their hands on the year's quest and it led them to Africa. But then it seemed like a dead end-till November 13th.

On that day, the final stages of the quest began!

[First Anniversary Event: Battle of the Dragon]

This words became a mark of the descent of a nightmare.

They battled countless monsters for days. Sent numerous Heroes and suffered even greater casualty, and then it appeared.

The one who posed the greatest threat to humanity. A mighty creature too great to exist on this Geoid-Earth. An ancient existence who was realms above the strength of its adversaries.

An [Ancient Red Fire Dragon]

They avoided it for the first two days, and then battled for next four days. Yet, it was futile.

Their strategy was seen through by the intelligent creature. It's might, far beyond anything they had ever faced before.

And currently, this so called mighty dragon was screaming.

[How dare you ignore me!] It's voice boomed in anger and rage.

"How did we get in this situation again?" Alicia asked with a sigh.