[CH3: Feeling Low]

[Wait!  Before you read, this chapter is mostly explanations. You can skip to the middle of the chapter where Nick's story continues if uninterested. I'd advice you read it though, especially details on Dexterity, Perception, and Manna]
[Enjoy!]

"[System Window]"

This was a phenomenon that appeared shortly after the [System Ascendance] ten years ago. It was a sign of awakening, and was visible only to them.

It showed almost everything about the player, including their "stats"

These "stats" were a numerical representation of certain aspects of the awakened such as their strength level as [STR], their maximum speed as [SPD], their level of perception and senses; and their maximum intellectual capacity as [PER] and [INT] respectively,  and even their overall physical charm.

All these things soon became a major factor in the lives of everyone; both awakened and regulars.

Awakened found out they had a constant basic skill [INSPECT] or a higher tiered version. This allowed them to see the [Power Level] of others or all their stats, if the targets level was very low.

It became widely known that the maximum capacity of a regular human is [P-Lv. 5.0]— and that is just the narrator being optimistic.

Most people don't get past the 4.0 mark just as most people can't achieve up to 70% of their overall potential.

Your average salary man is around 2.9~3.2. A regular high-schooler is around 2.4~2.7. The average  muscle heads may reach 2.9 and the "hot jocks who also gets A+ in school that all the girls are in love with" may even get up to 3.3.

An average fit PE teacher may be around 3.3~3.6; lightweight champions may be around 3.7~3.8 and heavy weight may pass 4.1. The last "strongest man in the world" was 4.4.

Not everyone of the same [P-Lv.] are equal and almost everyone has something known as a [Focus] which refers to their most important stats.

A person who is an athlete, a runner for example may have their [Focus] in [SPD] and [END] while a "shot putter" would obviously have their [Focus] in [STR] and maybe [DEX]. The jocks usually don't have a focus in life though.

The first four stats in the "Physical stats" are the "basic" physical stats. These stats have an upper limit of 7 Points.

Strength is self explanatory, so is Endurance which is how long a person can last doing tedious activities before they get tired.

[SPD] refers to a person's maximum running speed. It also involves determines other speed related actions such as reaction speed, and even mundane activities like writing speed and how fast you can chop vegetables.

Dexterity mainly involves agility and flexibility. However, its overall scope is much more greater. It involves coordination of hands and feet. Things involving the hand such as carving, sculpting, culinary activities, drawing and handwriting are improved with a higher dexterity stat. Playing sports such as soccer which involves impressive dribbling and footwork can only be achieved by improving dexterity which is why most of those jocks perform poorly. Other sports like basketball and high jump that involves flexibility and movement of the body at odd angles need higher [DEX] stat to have better result,

The last four physical stats are more advanced, often referred to as "higher stats" and seen as more important. These stats have an almost universal unit of 2.0 points, sometimes slightly higher or lower.  They are not all completely "physical" but they were placed there for some odd reason by the administrators.

The first stat Vitality refers to the overall health of a person. While [END] will ensure a person doesn't get tired, [VIT] will make that person recover faster.