Chapter 11

I just got out of the hospital wing when Draco is running towards me.

"Go away Malfoy." I said.

"Professor Snape asked me to fetch you. He heard that you got out of the hospital wing." He said.

"Fine I'll go see him. Bye."

I walked down to his dungeon office. I hate how dark it has to be down here, I mean there are windows! I hate the dark. I knock on his office door. He answers immediatly.

"Come in." He said in his usual darkish tone.

I walked in and sat down. He closed the door.

"What did you want to talk to me about Professor?" I asked purposely calling him professor.

"To talk to you about your mother." He said his voice faultered a bit. "Me and her l-loved each other very much. But I did somethings, and she left." It looked like he was fighting tears. "She was pregnant with you but didn't tell me. I found out around the time you turned 1, she was killed. She was fighting for you alongside her best friend who she was hiding out with. You survived but she was murdered by the dark lord.... Voldemort."

I didnt know what to say so I said nothing and waited for him to continue.

"I took you from the reckage an-and I couldn't take care of you, I am so sorry. I left you at the orphanage. I had to, I-I had no choice. I am so sorry." He had turned to tears at that point.

My eyes turned to waterfalls and I got up and ran from the room. I ran up to the main hall were I ran into Harry.

"Mary whats wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked.

I just ran past him and up the stairs again. I ran all the way to the fat lady.

"Musical fizzing frizbees!" I said through the tears.

"As you wish." The fat lady said looking concerned.

I ran past Ron who had obviously not finished his work.

"Mary?" Hermione said as I ran into the girls dormitory and plopped myself facedown on my bed. "Whats wrong?" She asked.

I realized how I must look to everyone and decided to toughen up a bit. I sat up and wiped the tears from my eyes. I will never do this again. I thought to myself.

"Nothing, its just.... Nothing"

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah lets go down to breakfast." I said.

The rest of the month went by with nothing important happening. It's December we only have three days till holiday break. I obviously am staying here, Harry is too, Ron just told us his plans changed and now he is staying, and Hermione is leaving.

"Knight to E 5." I said.

"Queen to E 5." Ron said.

"Bishop to F 4 checkmate."

"That game is so barbarious." Hermione said for the hundreth time.

"We know you told us that already." I said.

"Well I am leaving have a happy Christmas." She said.