「 pretty thoughts 」

Mega's house was just enough. It wasn't beautiful, nor was it ugly. It was satisfactory. 

Cozy looking, crafted with wood, and the front yard was flourishing. It was the most noticeable part of the unassuming little home.

It was made of an assortment of roses, all vibrant and well kept. Zelk's favorite of the bunch were the red roses. Basic? Sure. 

But something about the delicate, spiraling petals, and the long fragile green stem enthralled him. He felt as if he could stare at them forever. 

He almost did, too, but then a chilly breeze swept over him.

"Oh, yeah, im homeless."

Preparing himself for Mega's bullying, Zelk marched up the stairs leading to the mute's front door, and knocked three times.

About 2 minutes of standing in the cold before the door swung open. 

Before he could even open his mouth, a notebook was shoved in his face. Quickly digesting the mute's  expert handwriting, Zelk smiled stiffly.

'Your house should be rebuilt in two months'

"Yeah, about that..." The rest on his sentence died on his tongue. He'd just be turned down anyway, why bother? He could probably find a spare tent somewhere, and if not, then maybe Vurb's basement would be comfy?

Mega's expectant gazed taunted him. The mute seemed ready to slam the door on him and leave him in the cold. It was either speak now or forever hold his peace.

"Um ok so pretty much I'm homeless so couldIstayatyourplace?"

-

He'd been in Mega's house once before, and that was just to drop some lunch of for the busy idiot. 

"This place hasn't changed, eh?" 

No response, as the mute was kicking a pile of papers to the side and clearing a space in the corner. 

Zelk stood awkwardly at the front door. He palmed at the pom-pom of his christmas hat as a distraction.

A loud clap demanded his attention. He jerked up, meeting Mega's cold gaze. 

The notebook was held up again: 'you sleep on the floor'.

Zelk gasped in mock offense, putting a hand to his heart. "Wowww, is that how you treat guests? Disgraceful."

Mega smiled at his discomfort. Smile might not be the right word. No, it was a cruel upturn of lips. He turned around and gestured to the ceiling.  Zelk inferred that he was going to bed.

Once he'd gone, Zelk fell into his pitiful little corner. 

Then he realized. Out of everyone, including the usually generous Bad, Mega was the only one who agreed to help him. 

It seemed he was proven wrong this time around. A little smile made his way onto his face he got into a comfortable position. 

-

Hi stupids! took me forever to upload, my bad. Next chapter is coming soon

feedback is appreciated !