「 jealousy & a catboy 」

( filler chapter, longer one that progresses plot more later )

Some wise man once said: 'like all pure creatures, cats are practical'. Whatever the heck that means. Point is, he was wrong.

Zelk had come to this conclusion after Mega brought the little calico called Pussy home with them.

Pussy ate...alot. Constantly. Zelk would whip up a sandwich, leave it on the counter for just a few seconds, and once he returned it was devoured.

The stupid demon cat didn't stop at stealing his food. It had a nasty habit of scratching him.

One occasion happened when Mega was out doing a solo task. That smug cat was sitting on Zelk's makeshift bed as if it owned it. Tail swaying, eyes narrowed.

"Uh...sorry, kitty, mind moving over? I sorta sleep ther-"

HISS.

It sounded like a whole-ass snake. Zelk yelped and scrambled backwards as the spawn of satan stared him down, the promise of suffering and death in it's eyes.

"Ok listen you stupid cat. That's my bed. Not yours." He stood up again, taking a brave step forward. "So imma need you t-"

Getting scratched by cat was a horribly painful experience. 

-

Two days since the demon had joined them in the house. Zelk's body was littered in bandages. His clothes were ruffled. The pompom on his christmas hat hanging by a thread. 

Pussy had claimed his comfy little floor-bed, so he now slept on the harsh leather couch. He made a few snide comments to Mega about the sleeping arrangement. The mute ignored him.

Zelk began to understand his place in the household when he caught Mega cuddling the dumb cat, smiling.

He gasped. "WHA- The cat gets a smile, but not me?!"

Mega turned to him slowly. Happiness snatched from his expression. He mouthed 'cry about it' before turning his attention back to the ball of fur and damnation.

Zelk felt very unloved that day.

-

He wasn't the jealous type.

It's not like he really wanted Mega's attention either.

Him purchasing a new pair of tiger cat ears and tail was just for fun.

Him wearing them around Mega was just a coincidence.

Mega confronted him about it eventually. 'Finally went full furry?'

Zelk didn't even deny it. It was the first Mega had initiated a conversation with him in a couple days. "You bet,"

-

From then on, Mega neglected him a bit less.