XIX

The sun illuminated Mila's room. Sun rays beamed across the room, onto her face. Mila woke up to an alarm blasting and a bright sun towering over her face. She smashed the alarm but got up with a bright smile plastered on her face.

Last night, Alessandro and Luciano told their family that they wouldn't be going to school for a few weeks. The siblings wanted to spend more time with Mila and since their grades were constant, they were allowed to take a break. Mila was ecstatic, especially because she was going to spend the day with a few of her brothers.

She went to the kitchen island and sat on the chair. Luciano had his back faced to her, so Mila decided to do the only reasonable thing. She was going to scare him but when she saw the scowl across his face, she stopped.

She came in front of the counter and made breakfast for herself. Mila had toast with nutella, hot chocolate and a slice of fruit. Luciano was multi tasking, he was watching the news and browsing through his laptop.

Mila started watching the news. Luciano was still oblivious and continued working.

"Today, we have been informed that two ladies have been found dead. The police are still working on the case but have concluded it to be a suicide. Lola, a young sales assistant was found dead in her apartment. Patricia, a receptionist at a local school has been found in an alley. Authorities urge anyone with information to speak out. Thank you for listening to the nine news, we'll see you again tomorrow." A news reporter spoke as it moved onto the next segment of the program. Luciano turned the television off and placed his focus on his work. Mila gasped in shock and covered her mouth, she definitely didn't expect that. Luciano turned around when he heard a gasp. Confusion creaked its way onto his face, but he quickly masked it up.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Mila. "What are you doing up this early..." Luciano glanced at his rolex watch. He frowned slightly and stared at Mila. "Six-thirty am." He concluded.

Mila shook her head as she tried to get rid of the image she had seen on the news. Mila shrugged casually. "Just thought I'd get ready for the day and maybe prank some of our brothers." She sent him a small smile as she tried to act casual. Mila smoothened her hair and flattened her t-shirt cuffs.

Luciano stared at Mila in disbelief as her words registered. He shook his head rapidly as amusement washed over his eyes. His deep blue orbs shone. "Make sure you record it." He slyly winked at Mila as she quickly finished her breakfast.

Mila stared at her brother, dumbfounded but quickly gained composure. "Of course." Mila winked with a cheeky smile. A ghost of a smile appeared onto Luciano's lips but he quickly covered it up. Mila felt all giddy on the inside when her latest brother smiled at her, even if it wasn't a proper smile, it was good enough for her.

Mila ran to her and quietly closed the door. She got the supplies she needed: shaving cream, a feather and a bag of flour.

Mila ran into Francesco's large room. She silently sneaked in as she glanced around his room. Clothes were everywhere and his supplies were scattered around the room, like splattered paint on a canvas. She heard his faint snores and smirked evilly. Francesco slept on his backside with his face to the side and his palms flat out, next to him. Mila grabbed the shaving cream bottle and slowly sprayed someone on both of his hands. He moved around a little and kicked his blankets off. Mila grabbed her trusty feather and slowly leisurely glided the tip of it across his sleepy face.

Francesco's dream about murdering flying unicorns, was interrupted as a fly landed on his face. He smacked his face and rubbed it up and down with his hands. He felt some wet and soft juice on his face and shudders. Francesco shot up and glimpsed at Mila, he clenched his jaw and scowled when he saw the shaving cream and a feather as he quickly pieced it together. He had been pranked.