l i p s t i c k

Aug . 20

The garage door rolled open to reveal the boys deep in conversation. I tried to compose myself by straightening out my hair and using my cold hands to hopelessly take the flush from my cheeks. I quickly glanced over at Tate and she had a stone-cold expression on her face. Shit.

In the heat of the moment, I had forgotten who Tate even was. Tate was not only a band member, my brother's best friend but a girl. As far as I knew I was straight, sure I had kissed a few girls at parties, but I was straight. I mean the kiss was magical and it was nothing compared to any kiss I've ever had but it was a mistake. Fuck, that one little kiss was going to make everything so much more complicated now. No one could know about it especially not my brother.

"Hey Vi, sorry were late! I hope you two girls had some fun in the meantime though." My brother said going over to start setting up the equipment. My cheeks immediately flushed remembering what had just happened.

Tate still avoiding looking at me roughly state, "it was fine."

Akira turned to me and furrowed his eyebrow, "Hey, baby you smudged your lip stuff." He had a disgusted expression as he gestured wildly sight of my messy lips.

"Shit thanks!" The flush returned to my cheeks as I pulled out my phone so I could look at my lips and fix the mess.

My brother rushed in now carrying another bag of wires from the van, "let's get a move on because we're already running behind

My brother rushed in now carrying another bag of wires from the van, "let's get a move on because we're already running behind." He was clearly stressed and was not going to put up with any of our bullshit today.

"Shut up fucker I'm coming!" Muttered Akira grabbing his base and taking his place on our makeshift stage.

I joined the rest of the band on our small platform and took my place in front of the mic

I joined the rest of the band on our small platform and took my place in front of the mic. I risked a glance at Tate and found that she was intensely staring at the guitar with her lips pursed. I've FUCKED up big time.

"Let's try to run through our whole set without stopping for once!" Miller's statement caused the band to break out in laughter. "I mean it! if you stop for a reason that isn't necessary I will personally come over there and whoop your ass!"