m o v i e

Oct . 1

Tate and I hadn't really spoken since the pool incident, she was slightly friendlier than usual but we were still ignoring the incident. It had been 5 long painful days of trying to avoid each other in a small crowded apartment. We were so close that night to getting things back to normal but instead, I had fucked it up. It was a stupid drunken mistake to come on to her like that but at the moment I was drunk, horny, and couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. Fuck, I was a mess, first of all, I had a boyfriend. Second, I was straight. Lastly, she was my brother's best friend. It was so wrong yet I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Currently, the band was ordering Chinese food for our weekly movie night, tonight's movie being The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Every Friday we would switch between who got to pick the movie and tonight it was Akira's pick, he Is a big horror movie fan while me not so much. I am absolutely terrified of horror movies but since tonight was his pick I couldn't argue. I was the last one to enter our living room and quickly realized that after scanning the room that there was only one seat left. Miller was sat on our green bean bag chair in front of ordering the take out, Akira was lounging on a chair adjacent to the couch while Gabe and Tate had taken up half of the couch. That one seat was, of course, directly next to Tate on the end of the couch.

"What do you want from Tai Pan, Liv?" Mumbled my brother looking up from his phone.

"Just get me an order of vegetarian chow fun."

"Got it."

"Can you add an order of potstickers!" Gabe chimed in.

"Bruh you've already ordered two dishes." Miller teased but still continued to add the order.

"I know but I fucking love Chinese!"

"Ok, can you all shut the fuck up so we can start the movie." Grumbled Akira. He grabbed the remote and began pulling up the movie. "Baby, sit down so we can start."

"Yeah common I don't bite," Tate growled through gritted teeth, this was her first time officially acknowledging my presence.

I mumbled an apology and scrambled into the open space next to Tate. After no further acknowledgment from Tate, I settled into my seat as the movie began. Our Chinese soon arrived and we all hungrily dug in. At every jump scare, I was practically given a heart attack and found myself clinging to the edge of the couch.

Akira noticed this, "Liv you look like you're about to shit yourself." He chuckled.

"I am! I told you I hate horror movies." I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest in defeat.

The movie was nearing the end and the screen currently had a very gory scene going on. I squealed in disgust and quickly buried my head into Tate's shoulder in hopes of blocking out the scene. I felt her let out a puff of air beneath me but she made no effort to push me off.

"Sorry I got grossed out," I whispered, still hiding my face in her shoulders.

"It's fine." She grumbled back.

For a second she almost seemed angry and I felt my cheeks redden with embarrassment as I realized what I was doing. Suddenly I felt her large hand come to rest lightly on my thigh under the basket we had dropped over us. I let out a quiet breath when her hand connected with my thigh sending chills up my body. I didn't dare move and tried my best to focus on the movie. As another jump scare came on the screen I slightly jumped in my seat, Tate began to lightly trace circles on my bare thigh.

"It's stupid that you get so scared at this shit." She chuckled, still unable to be heard by the boys.

"Shut up." I grumbled, still tense from her hand resting on my thigh.

The credits began to roll across the screen and she abruptly removed her hand from my thigh. She then stood up without a word and briskly went to her room before I could say anything.

"Great movie am I right?!" Akira boasted.

"No fuck you." I jokingly flipped him off before heading into my room myself.