p o o l

I stumbled out of the Uber being practically carried into our apartment building by Tate. I had never seen her like this, so caring and friendly. I was a giggling mess, normally I was not a giggler but one too many shots could do that to you. Tate genitally dragging me up to our apartment, some point in the process I had taken off my heels and they were now in her hand.

"It's hot!" I whined stopping in my tracks when I spied our building's pool.

"I know, you're drunk."

"I wanna go swimming!" I took off towards the pool.

"No swimming!" She was now chasing after me as I unlocked the gate to the outdoor pool.

She was too late because I was already stripping out of my dress, leaving me in only my hot pink lace bra and matching thong. I turned to grin at her before jumping into the pool.

"What the fuck are you doing!" Tate's previous kindness had vanished and it was apparent that she was now almost completely sober.

"Common get in," I shouted to her, "It feels amazing!"

"I'm not dealing with this." She looked like a disappointed parent with her arms crossed and a stern gaze focused on my eyes.

"Relax, have some fun for once!"

I giggled harder when I saw her strained expression and obvious attempts to not look below my eyes. Before she could react I was out of the pool and had shoved her in. She emurged from the water sputtering and shocked at the fact that my small frame was able to push her in.

I splashed her playfully, "see it's fun right?"

"Shut up."

"I can see you trying not to laugh!" I teased.

She began to remove her soggy jeans leaving her in only boxers and a white button-up that framed her body quite well.

"Got my jeans wet." She pouted.

"Oh loosen up," I treaded through the water until I was standing in front of her, "you're always so intense and quite."

She didn't respond only kept her hard focus on my face. My hands betrayed my morals and grasped onto the collar of her shirt to bring myself closer. She now allowed her gaze to travel from my eyes to my flushed cheeks and landed on my plump limps.

"Stop." It was almost like a growl the way she said it. Although her words told a different story she made no attempt to actually stop.

"What?" I whispered playfully.

"Stop doing this," her voice came out strained.

"Doing what?" In fact, I didn't know what I was doing my body was betraying everything I knew.

"Stop staring at me with that look on your face during practice, stop biting your lip in that way, giggling like that, and doing what you're doing right now." She sounded like she was practically begging, anger laced in her voice, but she didn't move away from me.

"But what if I don't want to." I was staring back up at her and could see her jaw tense when I said it. 

"You're drunk." She brushed off.

I stepped closer. Right now my mind couldn't think of anything else, it needed her. I was soaked standing in a pool with only my underwear and bra, shit faced drunk. To say the least, I didn't know what I was doing. Tate groaned and finally pulled away from me.

"I'm going to the apartment." She started to get out of the pool. "You can figure whatever the fuck you're doing by yourself."

I stood there, my body motionless, freezing from the cold water surrounding me. Slowly coming back to my senses I realize just how stupid I am. Hesitantly, I climbed out of the pool, grabbed my clothes, and stumbled back to the apartment.

When I reached the apartment the door was left unlocked for me and Tate was nowhere in sight. She had probably locked herself in her room and wasn't planning on talking to me anytime soon. Embarrassed, humiliated, and feeling quite stupid I toweled off in the bathroom and immediately knocked out on my bed.