Nightmarish

Oliver heard the laughing on the phone outside the door and his heart sped up.

He peeked around the dark corner into the moonlight-lit hallway and he heard the door unlock.

As soon as he heard the click, he soundlessly sprinted up to his room and locked the door.

'Ollie~' his mother's voice rang through the house.
He heard her high heels click and illuminate the sound all the way to his room up on the top floor.
The house was still and silent.
Eerily silent.

He heard his mother place her handbag on the floor and walk around the house.

'Ollie... Have you turned off the lights again?' her cunning voice rang in his ears, itching his head.

'You know that mommy will get mad at you if you make it that obvious you're scared of me~'

The sound was now echoing up the staircase, louder than before.

Oliver tried to stop breathing, but all it seemed to do was make his heart beat faster and louder.

'You can't be scared of your own mother, can you...?' he heard a knife unsheath.

Her dagger.

He couldn't stop breathing, almost hyperventilating. If his mother had found a way to get inside his room...
He touched his left eye.

His mother now knocked on the door.

'Ollie... Come out, Oliver... It's only me, mommy! She wouldn't hurt you... She just wants to have a quick friendly chat..~'

She emphasised the quick.
Oliver fought the urge to scream, yet it was getting stronger and stronger.

'I can hear you on the other side of the doo-' she started to say, and was surprised when the doorknob didn't turn.

'Ollie.. let's not play games now.
Let. Mommy. In.' she said, voice sounding stern.

Clamping a hand over his mouth, Oliver tried to find a hiding spot around his room. But there was nowhere.
'Oliver.... Let me in~ otherwise you know what'll happen...'

...

He could hear his heartbeat echo through his ears.

The window could only be opened from the outside.

The closet could be an option, if his mother hadn't completely ruined it with her knife.

Unlocking his door was...

It would only lead to sooner torture.

His mother wrenched at the door, muttering curse words to herself.

She stopped suddenly and took a deep breath.

'Oliver... Come out right now~ you know that it'd be awfully boring just sitting there, right?' she said.

Another moment of silence, Oliver alone with his deafeningly loud heartbeat.
'You know... I always wanted a boy.' she continued.
A chill was sent down Oliver's spine

'But instead... I just got a girl in a boys clothing. So scaredy, cute and short. Disgraceful, basically.' she spoke up a bit louder this time.

'I mean, that's what boys are all about, right?' she continued dreamily. 'Manly, strong, and actually look the part! And then there's poor you...' now she sounded sorry.

But it was all an act.

'Your older brother is a catch, though.
I don't understand why you aren't like him.'

Oliver breathed heavier now, scared for his life.

Literally.

'I don't understand why Yohio used to spend so much time fussing over you, either. Weren't you a burden to him as you are to me?'

'There's nobody now that can save you, is there, honey?' his mother asked.

She laughed to herself psychotically.

'So there's no point in hiding anymore, is there?'

The door fell down from its doorframe and Oliver's mother appeared in the doorway, cornering her son, a dagger in hand.

'If your left eye isn't enough,' she breathed right next to his ear. 'How would it feel to be blinded completely?~'

Oliver whimpered in shock, but he could do nothing to escape.

'No more of those hideous golden eyes.... No more of your hideous golden hair...no more...' his mother seemed to be getting more excited by the second.

'Nobody will save you now, Oliver.... Nobody.'

'Ah, how much I'll miss doing this....' she traveled a hand up to her own dagger, feeling the point of it.
'Ollie? Say something before it all comes to an end. I need to hear your voice.' she said solemnly.

Oliver gulped and shook his head, tears in his eyes.
'Come on.' she said.

Oliver frantically tried to find an idea of how to escape.

'Ollie.'

Oliver didn't look at his mother. He wouldn't. He couldn't.

'Ollie...'

He was glued to the spot with fear.

'Oliver!!'

He jolted up, bumping his head on the bedframe.

Yelping in shock, he opened his eyes and noticed that Fukase was leaning over him.

'Oliver... Tell me what's wrong. Your breathing is really heavy... And you're practically in tears.' Fukase said, sitting down next to him.

Coming back to his senses, Oliver noticed who it was in front of him.

And then everything felt better.

— —

Tell me this sucksss
Tell meeee that this suucks~

Sorry, I was too busy writing a custom song for this chapter because honestly I just wrote it while I was having writers block ik it sucks