Chapter 8 - You are special

Nathalie woke up with her head resting on something warm.

She looked around and realized she was laying on the bed under the covers next to Gabriel with her head resting on his arm.

She blushed violently and was about to got up when her eyes fell on Gabriel's sleeping face.

Gabriel looked peacefully asleep as he was holding her close against his body, his expression was happy like she had never seen him before.

Nathalie smiled at him, Gabriel looked very comfortable hugging her and she had to admit that she was comfortable as well so she decided to lay back down and she soon fell asleep again.

She woke up some time later and she noticed that Gabriel was up adjusting his white jacket on his shoulders.

The man was smiling, not some sort of forced smile, a real smile, he was happy.

"Good morning Nathalie"

"Good morning sir"

"You know what? Call me Gabriel" he smiled.

Nathalie blushed a little, he must have remembered how she called him by his name as they were talking that night.

"I will exit the room as you change your clothes" Gabriel said walking out.

The woman jumped out of bed and got ready, Gabriel was supposed to attend the meeting that day and she hoped he wasn't nervous.

She went downstairs where she met Audrey and Chloé staring at her in surprise.

"What did you do to him?" they both said at unison.

"To whom?" Nathalie asked.

"You know what we are talking about, what did you do to Gabriel? He looked so..." Audrey started.

"Relaxed?" Nathalie smiled.

"Yeah, what are you a witch or something?" Chloé asked frowning.

"It's not magic, it's called talking about your problems" Nathalie said waiving them goodbye and exiting the house.

The sky was cloudy and a light rain was falling.

She spotted Gabriel in the garden sitting on a bench holding an umbrella over his head looking at some flowers next to him.

"Hello sir" she smiled.

"Hi Nath" he answered.

Nathalie felt her chest warming up, he had just called her "Nath" just like her parents always did.

"Why are you smiling Nath?" Gabriel asked happily.

"It's nothing sir, you have just called me Nath, that's how my parents use to call me"

Gabriel got up and approached the woman covering her head with his umbrella.

"Well, I like it I want to keep calling you like this if you don't mind of course"

His beautiful blue eyes were settled on her but they were so soft and full of love that Nathalie was dumbfounded.

"I don't mind sir"