Chapter 10 - Get her back

Nathalie hurried to the train station.

She felt extremely guilty, her actions were unforgivable, she couldn't have beared to look at Gabriel and Adrien ever again. 

She had put Gabriel's son in danger and all she saw were his big blue eyes full of despair and terror.

Those deep blue eyes she grew to love very much, those eyes which she liked to see full of joy and peace.

She loved his eyes, she loved him.

Those feelings were always confused and unclear, at first she didn't know if it was out of pity or real feelings for that man but now she was sure, she loved him.

She would have given everything to keep his eyes bright but now it wasn't possible.

"Goodbye forever" she whispered as she entered her vagon.

Gabriel and Adrien were back to the mansion both safe and sound, after they had been visited by the doctor, they went resting in their respective bedrooms.

Gabriel thrown himself on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

He wondered where Nathalie was.

The woman had disappeared since she had rescued them, he ordered the servitude to find her but it looked like she wasn't at the mansion anymore.

All her baggages were gone and the room was in a mess.

Gabriel was confused, was it because she feared he would have been angry at her?

That though was hunting him, he wouldn't have punished her, she saved him and his son, all his anger was gone.

He knew she wasn't a bad person, she had been able to make him relax when he had that nightmare and she had always looked at Adrien with so much love, like Emilie did.

That woman had taught him to move on, to make him understand how his attitude towards his son was wrong, she wasn't like the others, she was special.

He noticed how his son grew attached to her and he did too.

He heard a knock on his door.

"Come in" he said adjusting himself on the bed.

"Hello father" Adrien said approaching him.

"Shouldn't you be resting right now?"

"Yeah but I wanted to talk to you"

Gabriel nodded and Adrien laid down next to him resting his head on his father's chest.

The man smiled gently holding his son closer to him.

How he had missed holding Adrien.

"Do you know where Nathalie went?" the boy asked.

Gabriel sighed.

"No Adrien, I don't know"

"I really like her, she is kind and she loves us, just like mother" 

"Yes, she does" Gabriel smiled.

"I wish she was still here with us" Adrien sighed.

Gabriel gently caressed his son's head, he really wanted to see her again as well but she had left them and he didn't even know where she was.

Suddenly his eyes fell on a paper on his nightstand. 

"What is that?" he asked taking his son's attention.

Gabriel opened the paper and red.

"My dear Gabriel.

I'm sorry for all the problems I caused you and Adrien maybe you are not going to forgive me and it's all right but I need you to know what I did was in good faith.

I don't know what the future is going to reserve me but I know one thing for certain, I can't work at your mansion anymore, I wouldn't bear to live under the same roof knowing you hate me.

Now that I will never see you again I can tell you, I love you Gabriel.

I grew to love you as I was working for you.

Keep going on for me too.

Nathalie Sancoeur".

Gabriel was astonished and Adrien had tears in his eyes.

"She left us" the boy cried.

The man kept staring at the paper in astonishment.

Did Nathalie really loved him?

He looked at his son who was still crying next to him.

He didn't know how to react to that confession but a thing was sure, he wanted explanations from Nathalie and a letter wasn't enough.

"Come on Adrien" he said getting up from the bed.

"Were are we going?"

"We are going to bring Nathalie back to us"

Adrien's face brightened as he jumped on his feet. 

"Thank you dad" the boy smiled hugging his father.

Gabriel smiled at the word "dad".

The two got dressed and hurried to the train station as fast as the could and took the first train.

Gabriel wasn't sure where Nathalie would have gone but he guessed she was probably going to return home.

When she came working at his residence she wrote some personal information in her letter of introduction, her birthplace was a little mountain village not so far away from his earldom.

"You should sleep for now it's late" Gabriel said to his son sitting next to him.

"I'm not tired dad, I'm too worried about Nathalie, do you think we are going to see her again?" Adrien replied.

"Yes, I'm confident that we are going to find her" he smiled.

Adrien hugged his father and soon fell asleep on him.

He was tired after all.

Gabriel stroke his son's hair and looked out of the window at the dark field.

He wasn't so sure Nathalie would have returned with them but he owed his son a little try after all.

He had to tell something important too.

He rested his head on Adrien's and he slowly fell asleep as the train was taking him away.